AZ Barbeque.com

Taylor Corn and Que

Discussion started on

PAT YOUNG

HEY FOLKS, sorry for the delayed response but i did not want to keep telling ya'll that CAROL hadn't called me back!(she hasn't and iv'e left messages for 3 weeks now!) Anyways i just got off the phone with her and she informed me that she was supposed to speak at the town counsel meeting tonight at 7pm! But they resheduled her for next week! She also mentioned that the town is cutting down on expenses wherever they can and we might be in for a bit of a struggle to say the least! She wants me to call her back next wed. eve. to see what she finds out! One thing that i'm concerned about though --- one of the ems people told me last week that the town of TAYLOR actually took out of their ambulances the phone that they use to patch to our hospital and the crews are to use their personal cell phones, which is bad!! I will keep everybody updated. thanks, PAT
#31 - February 24, 2010, 09:03:21 pm

Crash

They have to use their personal cell phones....REALLY?   ???  That is really farked up.

Thread hijack over!   :-X
#32 - February 24, 2010, 09:39:02 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

PAT YOUNG

SERIOUS!!!
#33 - February 24, 2010, 09:44:39 pm

PAT YOUNG

By the way i want to thank TIM and HOLLY and MIKE for offering their help! I will be in touch for sure if this thing is a go! MIKE and HOLLY, I'll call you in the next couple of day's, SHELLY and i would like to have you folks over for dinner, and i have an idea that i want to run by you! Thanks again and i'll see you soon! PAT
#34 - February 25, 2010, 03:20:18 am

azkitch

Any news? I would love an excuse to finally come visit eastern AZ...
#35 - March 12, 2010, 09:06:13 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

PAT YOUNG

KITCH, The town council meeting has been re-scheduled for next wed. at 7 pm! On the agenda is the bbq contest and the 4th of july celebration! I talked to CAROL OWENS tonight and she wants me to call her back next week after the meeting! BTW DAVE, since when do you need a reason to visit us mountain folks? Give me a call and get up here and we'll cook up a suckling piggy!
#36 - March 12, 2010, 11:48:07 pm

azkitch

Good point! I'll see if I can do anything 'bout it!
#37 - March 13, 2010, 12:02:00 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Jaybird

KITCH, The town council meeting has been re-scheduled for next wed. at 7 pm! On the agenda is the bbq contest and the 4th of july celebration! I talked to CAROL OWENS tonight and she wants me to call her back next week after the meeting! BTW DAVE, since when do you need a reason to visit us mountain folks? Give me a call and get up here and we'll cook up a suckling piggy!

Hey Pat! I was wondering if you could send me an email at jbird057@aol.com. I have a question for ya. Thanks
#38 - March 13, 2010, 06:36:56 am

BBQCZAR

Any more updates on this Pat ? Just wondering where the town council was on this.Thanks  :)
#39 - March 26, 2010, 10:09:13 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

BBQCZAR

Aw,nevermind,I see where the city council meeting was cancelled on the 24th again.Strange the city coucil meetings have been cancelled 3 weeks in a row.I doubt this will happen,maybe the Corn festival may not even happen.
#40 - March 26, 2010, 10:19:42 am
www.thebbqbullies.com

PAT YOUNG

This just in (NOT OFFICIAL YET!) The fire chief just brought in a pt. and he said that the town council voted yes on the CORN AND QUE! If CAROL OWENS doesn't talk to me by mon. I'll call the mayor on monday morning and get this show on the road!! Stay tuned!! Thanks, PAT
#41 - March 27, 2010, 01:34:57 am

desertdog

Hey Pat,

Are they planning on the same weekend as past events?   Labor Day?   We would definitely be in for this one as we are not doing Mesquite this year.  

Folks, this has been a very fun event in the past, and it gets you out of the heat of the summer for a little while.  I am sure we would have a good turnout for this!

P.S.

Fourth of July would not be a good time, since we already have the Williams event happening.
#42 - March 28, 2010, 07:20:33 am
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:22:29 am by desertdog »
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

BBQCZAR

That is great news Pat ! Hopefully you can get it confirmed soon so we can make plans for labor day.I am also in for this one as we aren't doing Mesquite this year either.I also know of several other teams that said they would do the Taylor event as well.
#43 - March 28, 2010, 01:48:08 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

BBQCZAR

Paaaaaaaat,what did the mayor say ? :)
#44 - March 31, 2010, 01:04:29 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

PAT YOUNG

CAROL didn't call me back, but i had 3 really good conversations this morning with someone at town hall (this person asked for me to keep it off the record) but was very, very helpful in not only giving me background information on past town events( negative and positive) but also a perspective of things that i hadn't really considered ( since i'm new at this!) I think other than working things out with CAROL i/we need to be creative and be able to arrange it where the town can break even or hopefully better on the money issue! This is were i need MIKE and the other members feedback! The rodeo makes money for the town by charging admission and concessions.The 4th of july celebration and the CORN AND QUE although they bring in alot of people to both towns and local businesses, don't really generate money for the actual towns that put out funds for water, electric, parks and rec. police, etc. Anyway, what about if for peoples choice instead of 50% going towards a local charity ( which i would always support!) what if that portion went to the town? Just a thought. Also what about the town charging a small fee at the gate to get in? Any ideas from everyone would be appeciated! Also the town meeting on the 14th they are supposed to be discussing these events so i would like to attend and be able to relay the clubs plans, ideas, etc. and i would also like to educate if you will the fast growing sport of comp. bbq!! especially here in AZ ! Thanks, PAT
#45 - April 01, 2010, 01:36:39 am

Members: