AZ Barbeque.com

Taylor Corn and Que

Discussion started on

BBQCZAR

Does anyone know if this event is going to happen this year ? I know that someone said they were going to work on it.I think it would be good to reserect this comp. :)
#1 - January 19, 2010, 07:17:44 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Thom Emery

Will there be ice and gray water disposal?
#2 - January 19, 2010, 07:18:46 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Have not heard anything and as of yet, no one has contacted us.  I know Pat Young, one of our Northern Ambassadors was going to look into it.  I'm sure he will post up some info when he logs in later tonight..

Unfortunately, it would be the same weekend as Mesquite if the did, so who knows..
#3 - January 19, 2010, 07:22:25 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BBQCZAR

Will there be ice and gray water disposal?

LOL,you funny guy there Thom  ;D
#4 - January 19, 2010, 07:35:29 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

G$

Unfortunately, it would be the same weekend as Mesquite if the did, so who knows..

I was thinking of Taylor last week, and in fact almost posted the same question, and then realized Mesquite was the same (potential) week and dropped it. 
#5 - January 19, 2010, 07:56:59 pm
G$

BBQCZAR

It would be the same week,but I think Taylor would still get alot of Az. teams,ones that are not going to Mesquite.We have not decided if we are doing Mesquite this year or not,weather was crazy there last year,it was blazing hot,Taylor would be nice and coooool  :)
#6 - January 20, 2010, 08:06:34 am
www.thebbqbullies.com

Scottie

It would be the same week,but I think Taylor would still get alot of Az. teams,ones that are not going to Mesquite.We have not decided if we are doing Mesquite this year or not,weather was crazy there last year,it was blazing hot,Taylor would be nice and coooool  :)

I'd let you sit in my AC Tim....   ::)
#7 - January 20, 2010, 09:49:11 am
Scottie

Head Dishwasher cancersuckschicago.com

FE-100
FEC-100
Large BGE
WSM
Homer Simpson Weber Kettle

Jaybird

Taylor got real hot a couple years. I don't think that you can count on storms like the one at Mesquite every year.

"We're gonna die!!!".....classic. ::)
#8 - January 20, 2010, 10:16:33 am

BBQCZAR

I'd let you sit in my AC Tim....   ::)

lol,thanks ! If I do Mesquite this year we will have an RV with us  8)
#9 - January 20, 2010, 10:17:08 am
www.thebbqbullies.com

Scottie

lol,thanks ! If I do Mesquite this year we will have an RV with us  8)

Me too.  It will probably depend if I feel like seeing the country or have my buddy drive it out...
#10 - January 20, 2010, 03:10:17 pm
Scottie

Head Dishwasher cancersuckschicago.com

FE-100
FEC-100
Large BGE
WSM
Homer Simpson Weber Kettle

PAT YOUNG

I just got off the phone with CAROL OWENS and she's very exited to have the bbq contest back at the SWEET CORN FESTIVAL!!!!! We will be meeting on monday morning to go over things!! I'll be talking to MIKE but i can always use advise and help since iv'e never organized an event of this type before! I hope everyone can support this contest! I'll post info. as it develops asap so folks can shedule accordingly! thanks, PAT
#11 - January 20, 2010, 07:07:44 pm

Thom Emery

REALLY enjoyed the Corn and Que
even gettin a whippin on that White Sauce Chicken
The locals were great loved the contest
But............. we will be in Mesquite
#12 - January 20, 2010, 07:15:57 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Crash

I just got off the phone with CAROL OWENS and she's very exited to have the bbq contest back at the SWEET CORN FESTIVAL!!!!! We will be meeting on monday morning to go over things!! I'll be talking to MIKE but i can always use advise and help since iv'e never organized an event of this type before! I hope everyone can support this contest! I'll post info. as it develops asap so folks can shedule accordingly! thanks, PAT
Great news Pat.  Thanks for keeping us up to speed.
#13 - January 20, 2010, 07:28:55 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Pat, let's talk before you meet with them.   ;)
#14 - January 20, 2010, 08:33:53 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Looks like it's the weekend B4 Mesquite. It's a bit of a drive, but...from what I saw, the Corn festival is Aug. 28. Izzat right, Pat?
http://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php?Taylor+Sweet+Corn+Festival&Taylor&TravelTo=AZ0210020&VE=Y&Event_ID=AZ0210020e002
#15 - January 20, 2010, 09:24:14 pm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:32:43 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: