Poll

Do you plan on competing in this event?

Yes
No

OFFICIAL Lake Pleasant BBQ Cook-off Topic

Discussion started on

doorag

Got another one(s) for you:

For us California teams - Is'nt there an exit directly off the I-10 Fwy that goes to the lake? I did a Mapqwest yesterday and it had me shortcut through Columbus, Ohio and then through most of South America before coming to something called "Lake Pleasant Access Rd."

Also, is there seven pieces also in the brisket category and is there a particular way they go in the box?  I know that's a judges question but I was trying to kill two birds...etc.
Thanx,
Darrell
#91 - October 29, 2006, 12:50:34 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Darrell,

Coming from California off of the I-10, take the 303 North.  This will get you to the US 60 (West Grand Rd.).  Take this North (Left) to the 74 junction.  Take a right and take this to the event site, about 10 Miles.  You should see the signs as you get close.

This should cut a lot of time off of your trip, this way, you will not have to come through the city.

As for the judge's question, I know that our Head Judge will be going over all these questions as he comes around to each competitor on Friday night and then again at the cooks meeting on Saturday morning.

Hope this helps, really looking forward to seeing you out there.

Regards,

Mike
#92 - October 29, 2006, 01:15:16 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Thom Emery

Seven Slices of Brisket placed horizontally
#93 - October 29, 2006, 01:51:57 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Flagstaff BBQ & Catering

I was reading the rules brochure that came in the info packet and noticed the only mention of a meat inspection is in section # 1. That states, "The preparation and completion of any and all meats and sauces in competition is within the confines of the cook-off site and during the time limits designated by the promoter. IBCA recommends that competition meat be subject to inspection at cook-offs in which substantial prize money and/or awards are awarded.

Does this mean that I can only use a sauce that is prepared onsite?

Will there be a meat inspection? If so, when and where will that happen?

Thanks,

Jim

#94 - October 30, 2006, 11:29:20 am
JIM-
NEVER MET A PIG I DIDN'T LIKE!

The "Triplets" - 3 FEC100's

CBJ #6518

BBQCZAR

I have the same question as well.Can I make my sauces and glazes the day before and then bring them with me in my coolers or do they all have to be made on-site only ?  and yes,when will meat inspection be ?
#95 - October 30, 2006, 01:12:29 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

The Head Judge, Don will be available at 3 pm on Friday to start inspecting meat.  It is our suggestion that as soon as you get checked in and to your site, have Don come by and do his inspection. This way if you want to marinate, inject or rub, you will have plenty of time to do so after that.

Hope this helps.

As for the sauce and glaze, please post that in the Ask the IBCA judge section and I'm sure Don will answer it up pretty quick.

Good Luck!!!
#96 - October 30, 2006, 01:38:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Lynn

I have the same question as well.Can I make my sauces and glazes the day before and then bring them with me in my coolers or do they all have to be made on-site only ?  and yes,when will meat inspection be ?

Sauce doesn't have to be prepared on site - as a lot of teams uses commercial sauces
#97 - October 30, 2006, 02:14:59 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Here is a list of all the teams currently signed up.  We did have one cancel due to a medical emergency, so we are at 46.  We would love to get 4 more.

Thanks to all these teams for signing up, I know we will have a great competition out there and wish you all the best of luck. ;)

Uncle Ike's BBQ
Beer Belly BBQ
Mr. Smoker BBQ Team
Lucky Jackass BBQ
Yeah Baby BBQ!!!
Holy Smoke! It's Adam's Ribs
Big Dog BBQ
AZ Video Smokers
Laveen Barbeque Company
BBQ Magic
Big City BBQ
Hombre
Otis And The Bird
Thom & Kyle's Bubba-Q
Cee Gee's
Meatier Creator
QN4U
Oink County Cookers
Papa's Smokehouse BBQ
All Hogs Go To Heaven
John's Miracle
Tex-A-Que
McFrankenBoo BBQ
BLQUE Cuttin Edge Que
Casa Di DiVQ BBQ Team
Full Pull BBQ
3-G Construction
AZ Critter Cookers
Good Times BBQ
R2 BBQ
Buster's BBQ Shack
Bear & Ddog BBQ Team
Real Men BBQ
The Arizona Kid
Blakes BBQ Crew/Loftco Construction
Crash Course BBQ
My 3 Sons BBQ
Two Guys & A Smoker
Mojave Hot Stuff BBQ
Fat Rabbit BBQ
Honeybears BBQ
DeWALT
DeWALT
AZBarbeque
AZBarbeque
KB Homes
#98 - October 30, 2006, 02:17:11 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Four More needed
#99 - October 30, 2006, 03:32:36 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

ron b

anyone  else using flats? i may bring both  i need a little sleep lol. O0
#100 - October 30, 2006, 06:14:15 pm
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:45:58 pm by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

BBQCZAR

No flat here,I got a great full brisket at Smart&Final on Saterday and it will take about 14 hrs to cook probably.I will get about 2 hrs sleep at 2 different times during the night.I have a team member and we will trade off watching the Diamond Plate thru the night.the Diamond Plate will hold at about 225-235 deg for about 2 hours at a time with no adjustments needed with a good amount of good lump in the firebox.Enough time for some sleep,but who knows,I may stay up allnight,I will get enough sleep when I am dead :o !!! LOL !!!
#101 - October 30, 2006, 06:27:46 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Exactly and I fully intend on coming by in the middle of the night for some great snacks.  I know up at the Taylor event, we made up ABT's at 2 in the morning.  Wow, those were good.

Looking forward to it, remember though, it is going to be very cold out there at night, so plan accordingly...  ;)
#102 - October 30, 2006, 09:36:03 pm
Michael J. Reimann

ddog27

Exactly and I fully intend on coming by in the middle of the night for some great snacks.  I know up at the Taylor event, we made up ABT's at 2 in the morning.  Wow, those were good.

Looking forward to it, remember though, it is going to be very cold out there at night, so plan accordingly...  ;)

I do remember those 2 AM ABT's made my mouth tingle for the rest of the night!! ;D ;D

#103 - October 30, 2006, 11:55:07 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

bearbonez

Cold??!!?? Ya thin blooded, flat landers.  ::) ;)
#104 - October 31, 2006, 07:09:33 am
David "Bear" Nunley

BBQCZAR

I have a question about parking.I have 2 team members that are showing up about 6pm,I already will be there,all set up.Is there going to be a close parking area  near where we all will be set up ? I hope there is a close parking lot for them and others, and not up near the  marina parking,how would they get all the way down to where we are ? I just need to tell them where they can park when they get there on fri.Thanks
#105 - October 31, 2006, 08:11:09 am
www.thebbqbullies.com

Members: