AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• July 4th Event CANCELLED!!: July 04, 2007

July 4th, 2007 Rib, Chicken & Hamburger Cook-off -Triple Crown Event

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, we do have some bad news about the Prescott Valley Cook-off.  Due to individuals who could not control their fires last week, the Prescott Valley Fire Marshal has closed all the parks from fires including BBQ's both propane and charcoal.  So in essense, the July 4th Contest will not be able to happen as planned up in Prescott Valley.

HOWEVER!!!!  We do not want to cancel it, so we are actively working with several locations here in the valley and it is looking very good that it will still go on as planned. 

I can't release all the details yet as we have not gotten it all signed off, but it will be here in the Valley, most likely South Scottsdale.  It will still be a one day event, 3 categories (Hamburger, Chicken & Ribs) and the GC will still receive a free entry into the November Triple Crown Cook-off. 

This event is open to everyone, people new to BBQ, teams that have been cooking for a long time and everything in between.  Come on out and enjoy the day and BBQ and the chance to win some $$$ and the free entrance into the November contest.

We look forward to seeing everyone there, I will post more details as soon as I have it finalized...
#46 - May 31, 2007, 06:28:14 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ron b

i would just blame it on the bbq bullies they are scared and running >:D >:D >:D fooey! that blows but thanks mike and company........ to keep this going great job! ;)
#47 - May 31, 2007, 07:02:46 pm
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:44:03 am by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

VisionQuest220

Never say die!

It's good to see that kind of spirit is alive and well!!!
#48 - May 31, 2007, 09:53:33 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

bearbonez

Well that is a bummer.
#49 - June 01, 2007, 06:31:55 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea it is a bummer, we were really looking forward to it, but we are really happy that we won't be having to cancel it completely as we have had a number of places step up and call us asking us to move it to their location.  We are hoping to have something in writing today and will announce it when we do.

We really hope to see lots of you here at this contest competing.  Since it is in town, you will have time to come out for the day, enjoy the contest, possibly win some great $$ and prizes and still make it home to the family and go watch fireworks somewhere.

Hope you can make it down Bear, we would love to have you..
#50 - June 01, 2007, 07:56:55 am
Michael J. Reimann

bearbonez

We got swindled by a crooked land dealer and are in a bit of a battle. Won't be able to make this one.
#51 - June 01, 2007, 01:53:41 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

ddog27

We got swindled by a crooked land dealer and are in a bit of a battle. Won't be able to make this one.

Ok Bear I am on my way up there with my baseball bat. Just tell me who's knee caps I need to break for swindling you guys! ;D ;D
#52 - June 01, 2007, 08:28:23 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Fire up the Que, someone needs to be "SMOKED"!!!
#53 - June 01, 2007, 09:31:23 pm
Michael J. Reimann

bearbonez

We we're able to come up with what we needed, so the seller won't be able to snake our land from under us. Just gunna have work 24/7 for a couple months. It worked out though. Hope to see you guys up here for our little shin dig on the 16th. Good luck all at the cook off.
#54 - June 02, 2007, 06:44:17 am
David "Bear" Nunley

BBQCZAR

Mike,any update or definate location for the event yet ? Also what turn-in method will we be using ? KCBS or IBCA ?
#55 - June 04, 2007, 10:13:34 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

We will have an answer for you by Wednesday at 5 pm at the latest.  We are still working with companies behind the scenes to put this cook-off together.  As soon as I have confirmation one way or the other, I will let you all know.  Like I said though, 5 pm on Wednesday at the latest...
#56 - June 04, 2007, 12:27:34 pm
Michael J. Reimann

VisionQuest220

Any news?
#57 - June 06, 2007, 10:17:21 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Mike (AZBarbeque)

It looks like it's going to be at a Sam's club in Mesa.  The local management has signed off on it already, we are just waiting to get approval from their Corporate Legal department.  Should be sometime today.  I will post the announcement once it is finalized.  Sorry for the long delay...
#58 - June 07, 2007, 01:19:09 am
Michael J. Reimann

ron b

i will be next to the seafood isle looking for free samples yummy!!! fyi weber has some good rubs out at sam's i picked up some was really tasty.   
http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/shop/product/view.aspx?ProductID=1224%20
#59 - June 07, 2007, 10:01:04 am
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:49:36 am by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

We are sorry to announce that our July 4th BBQ Cook-off originally intended to be held in Prescott Valley, AZ will not be happening due to the extreme fire restrictions currently in place in the Northern Country.

We have been working diligently to find a replacement venue here in the valley, but due to the limited time constraints and prior commitments of interested parties, we've concluded that we will be unable to secure a place to host this event.  We will be issuing full refunds to all competitors who have already paid.

We encourage all cookers and members interested in attending another BBQ Event to consider heading up to the Taylor, AZ area for the Arizona Barbeque Association's Rib Cook-off.  http://www.azbbqa.net/smf/index.php?topic=2283.msg13371;topicseen#msg13371

Sorry for any inconvience, we have already received 12 entries into the November Southwest International BBQ Cook-off and we look forward to seeing you all out at that event.

We also have our AZBarbeque BBQ Crawl/Social on Saturday, June 23rd, we hope to see as many of you out there as possible, it's going to be a great event.

Thanks again for all of your support.
#60 - June 12, 2007, 02:03:57 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Members: