AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• July 4th Event CANCELLED!!: July 04, 2007

July 4th, 2007 Rib, Chicken & Hamburger Cook-off -Triple Crown Event

Discussion started on

Mark

They put on a nice fireworks show. Best of all, once the sun goes down it often gets cool enough to need a sweatshirt.
#16 - May 16, 2007, 01:23:10 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

BBQCZAR

Ok, roll call ! Who all is going to this event so far ? I (BBQ Bullies)will be there,who else ?
#17 - May 18, 2007, 08:46:55 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

So far I have 4 registrations in, come on people, this is going to be a great event with a huge public presence.  A great time to showcase your team and the BBQ Community to the public.

Hope to see many more of you out there.  :D
#18 - May 18, 2007, 09:31:38 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mark

I'll send mine in this weekend, Mike. I'm always up in Prescott Valley on Independence Day to cook for my neighbors there anyway. Might as well have some fun at a competition while I'm at it! :D
#19 - May 18, 2007, 01:45:29 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

ron b

will you be cookig out of the lexus this time mark? >:D

count us in wouldn't miss it check is in the mail ;)
#20 - May 18, 2007, 02:04:09 pm
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:40:10 pm by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

rab

This is really going to fun so lets get signed up.  Yes really does get cool enough to were a little more clothes a night.  Usually in the upper 60's low 70's  at night.  Your chance to cool down a bit.
#21 - May 21, 2007, 02:05:14 pm

BBQCZAR

Again,ROLL CALL !  :D  Who all is in now ? This will be a great event,it's the only one going on so it should be a good one with lots of fun and maybe we will  meet some new teams and friends  :) It should be hot here, and alot cooler there,so lets all get in on this event  ;) And again, thanks to AZ Barbeque for sponsoring this event,you guys are great , And great for BBQ  ;D 
#22 - May 22, 2007, 04:13:26 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mark

On the average, Prescott Valley is about 20 degrees cooler (day & night) than metro Phoenix and is an easy 90 miles and 90 minutes away. It can get a little breezy at times, so it's wise to be prepared to tie your canopies.  By the way, the fireworks show is the biggest in Yavapai County and you'll be right in the middle of it; best seats in the house. ::)
#23 - May 22, 2007, 04:30:38 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea, I'm liking that...  ;D
#24 - May 22, 2007, 04:32:49 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mark

FYI. There are several supermarkets within 3 miles of the park: Albertsons, Fry's & Safeway. Costco is about 6 miles away. By next year there will be a Wal-mart Supercenter about 2 miles and a Sam's Club about 4 miles away.
#25 - May 22, 2007, 06:24:30 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

ron b

as long as they al have liquor dept's thats fine :o :o mike has alot of beer to buy for the 4th :-*
#26 - May 22, 2007, 06:50:02 pm

Mark

Ron,
There is a city pool with waterslide in the park. If you are bringing the kids, they may wanna go for a dip whilst you are burnin' your ribs to perfection. ;D
#27 - May 22, 2007, 07:35:00 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

ron b

i burn no meat b4 its time but yes they will be there thx :P just bring the lexus and your burgers and come get 2nd place  :P
#28 - May 22, 2007, 07:43:18 pm
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:15:31 am by ron b »

rab

The Pool will be ready ;D  and don't remind me about the wallmart they decided to build half a mile away from my wonderfull neighborhood.  I guess if it brings you guys up here then it will be worth it!!!! ;D ;D ;D
#29 - May 23, 2007, 09:24:45 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, a little clarification on some of the rules and procedures.

Turn in Times will be:

Hamburger - 3 pm

Chicken - 4 pm

Ribs - 5 pm

Awards - 7 pm

Fireworks should start about 9 pm.

The rules for the Hamburgers have changed slightly.  Now, you will be required to turn in 6 burgers, you will also be responsible for your own turn-in platter.  Use your imagination for this as it is part of the Hamburger judging package.  Trays will be returned after the competition if you need yours back.

Also, use your imagination with the Hamburgers.  The only requirements are it has to be made out of beef and have a bun.  If you want to mix in some special spices or use a special recipe, go for it.  If you want to add cheese or not, that's totally up to you.  Remember, this is a very "Open" category with very loose interpretation.  It is being put into the contest to create a unique experience and some fun to add to the normal and regular chicken & ribs, so have fun with it.

We are still accepting registrations, so get your's in today.
#30 - May 29, 2007, 05:43:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Members: