AZ Barbeque.com

6-13/14 Silver City, NM - Billy the Kid Championship IBCA Sanctioned

Discussion started on

jim

Lynn --tried to call Alex this morning -- no answer --- how many teams signed up?
 Proclamation - any word on this?

#31 - May 29, 2008, 09:02:56 am

BBQCZAR

I also would like some more info on this event about procomation and other things.I am considering doing this event,it would be nice to get out of the heat for a weekend.
#32 - May 29, 2008, 09:21:12 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Lynn

As of this week he had 6 pre-registered -- still waiting on the proclamation - it is on the Governor's desk.

It is easier to reach him by email than by telephone - I usually catch him after lunch on the phone.
#33 - May 31, 2008, 07:08:08 am

Fourlix

Our state representative, Dianne Hamilton is on the task of getting the governor to sign the proclamation.  She is a good friend of mine and an influential legislator.  We should hear something today.  Meanwhile, I know a lot of you are waiting for this proclamation, but we need you up here! We only have 8 teams pre-registered. We need 15 with the proclamation to count. We have more bands signed up than cookers! We are paying out to 10th place....I will post on here as soon as I get the word.

If you need to call me, call me at 575-534-0707 during the day, 10:30 to 5:30.  This is my place of business, and it is pretty busy, but I try to get to everyone.  At home my number is 575-535-2825, Between 8 AM and 9 AM in the morning is good, or after 6:30 in the evening, remember New Mexico is on Daylight Savings time, so it is an hour later.  I have more time to talk at home.
#34 - June 05, 2008, 07:54:13 am

Lynn

Just received the call from Alex (who is extremely busy) that the Governor's office called and the Proclamation has been signed making this event a New Mexico State Championship.

Hope to see everyone there --
#35 - June 09, 2008, 01:10:31 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's incredible news, Congrats, I am very happy to hear this.

Come on all, if you have been on the fence about going to this event, now's the time to pull the trigger.

It's going to be a great event.  ;)

Who is going??
#36 - June 09, 2008, 01:52:04 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Fourlix

Ya HOOO  We got it.  The Governor's Proclamation making the Billy The Kid Championship BBQ and Green Chile Cook-Off and Loco Music Festival a State Championship Event.
\
SO what are you waiting for?  Call me at home if you want, 505-535-2825
#37 - June 09, 2008, 02:29:20 pm

BBQCZAR

Anyone know any results from this one yet ?
#38 - June 14, 2008, 08:36:56 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Wheels

James Molina Out Law BBQ  Albuquerque NM    Grand
Al Sena    Borderland  BBQ   Las Cruces NM   Rev
  Great Contest   We all did well    You really Messed One Guys 
Thanks Lynn & Alex for your hard work   Hope top see you soon
#39 - June 14, 2008, 10:14:03 pm

Thom Emery

15 teams?
#40 - June 15, 2008, 07:23:46 am
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

They did have 15 teams, AZ teams & Diamond Plate Owners did fantastic out there, from what I heard, 1st & 2nd in Brisket.

Way to go everyone, Congrats to Jim and all the other teams that Walked..  Great Job!!!
#41 - June 15, 2008, 07:43:28 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bbqwant2b

we are on our way now. 1rst in brisket,2nd ribs,5th chicken and 2nd in chicken wings friday. we had a blast vending went very well. johnny and I thank our team for one hell of a job. thanks to Alex ,Lynn and all the teams they were great. We will be back next year.
#42 - June 15, 2008, 01:38:10 pm
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

Dow

Yes it was a great event!  Alex did a great job of pulling off a first time event and Lynn did a great job of overseeing the contest.  We did pretty well, we got 8th in Chicken, 9th in ribs, and did manage to pull off a 2nd in Brisket (6th overall).  Best thing is we learned how to crisp up our chicken with a weed burner after we finish boiling our ribs.

Had a great time and look forward to the next one.
#43 - June 15, 2008, 01:47:32 pm

Thom Emery

Very Good Glad it came together
#44 - June 15, 2008, 02:42:09 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Lynn

Yes it was a great event!  Alex did a great job of pulling off a first time event and Lynn did a great job of overseeing the contest.  We did pretty well, we got 8th in Chicken, 9th in ribs, and did manage to pull off a 2nd in Brisket (6th overall).  Best thing is we learned how to crisp up our chicken with a weed burner after we finish boiling our ribs.

Had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Tom - I hope you are joining on both accounts of crisping up the chicken and boiling the ribs.

It was great to meet you and all of the teams - this was a great first time event with 16 teams & NEW MEXICO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - I can only see it getting better.

Congrats to all that got their names called - winners are posted www.ibcabbq.org/results2008/re080614billythekid.html

TOP 10 overall

Grand Champion:  James Molina, Outlaw BBQ - 23 points
Reserve:  Al Serna, Team Borderland BBQ - 21 points
3.. Jim Ballog, Sweet Peppers- 20 points
4.  John Szotklewics, Chubby Hubby #2 - 19 points
5   Robert Bredemeyer, We Don't Cook Sheep - 17 points
6.  Tom Davee, Smokin' Wickenburgers - 14 points
7.  John Leonard, Chubby Hubby #1 - 14 points
8.  Marco Morales  - 14 points
9.  Daniel Denton, South Valley Smokers - 14 points
10. Terry Willis - 8 points

The way that IBCA breaks the ties - whoever places highest in brisket, then ribs, then chicken.

#45 - June 15, 2008, 07:31:00 pm

Members: