AZ Barbeque.com

6-13/14 Silver City, NM - Billy the Kid Championship IBCA Sanctioned

Discussion started on

jim

Lynn -- does this have the governor's blessing as a qualifier for the JD -- if not can that be done, you will have more teams if it is.
#16 - May 07, 2008, 11:30:48 am

BBQCZAR

I am considering doing this comp and was hoping it had a govenors proclomation as well.Any other teams from Az going to do this one ?
#17 - May 07, 2008, 02:03:38 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

VisionQuest220

This one falls the weekend between two comps we are already doing, Pueblo, CO and Snowbird, UT, so we won't be making the trip unless something pretty miraculous happens.

As for the Governor's Proclamation, Twin Oaks Smokin' Crew will be pretty miffied if this one becomes a Jack qualifier and bumps them out of an automatic entry for winning the Pork and Brew but, hey, that's the way the brisket slices sometimes.
#18 - May 07, 2008, 02:24:15 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

jim

I believe that to date -- TOSC has GC 3 of the 5 contests he's been in -- if Silver City can pull it off -- still a 50/50 chance, or are they automatic's in to JD from his last years finish at the JD?
jim
#19 - May 07, 2008, 03:02:47 pm

Lynn

We are working to try and get a Proclamation - but it hasn't happened yet.  I have several teams that are asking the same question because there aren't any other in New Mexico except Rio Rancho.

Will keep everyone posted on this matter.

#20 - May 07, 2008, 08:11:43 pm

Lynn

I believe that to date -- TOSC has GC 3 of the 5 contests he's been in -- if Silver City can pull it off -- still a 50/50 chance, or are they automatic's in to JD from his last years finish at the JD?
jim
Only the Grand Champion is invited back as an automatic.

Of course if he has been there for 10 years running he will be in automatically too or
with 7 qualified GC will get them there.
#21 - May 07, 2008, 08:18:17 pm

Dow

We are sending in our application for Smokin Wickenburgers.  This looks like a fun competiion and a good learning experience for us newbies.

#22 - May 07, 2008, 08:24:13 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's awesome news, I am about 90% sure we will be as well, just trying to figure out finances and vacation schedules.  Should be a fun one..
#23 - May 07, 2008, 08:26:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

jim

If you can get the state championship paperwork done -- I'll contact everyone one in our area
jim
#24 - May 08, 2008, 08:06:52 am

Fourlix

All the paperwork for the Governor's proclamation to make the "Billy The Kid Championship BBQ, Green Chile Cook-Off and Loco Music Festival" a state championship event, is on Tourism Secretary Mike Cerletti's desk.

His office is about 200 feet from the Governor's Office.  Bill is a busy boy these days, hopefully Mike can catch him.  Keep your fingers crossed, and we will have our proclamation....Rio Rancho is a KCBS event, and this is IBCA.  There is plenty of room for two state championships.  Art Perez from Rio Rancho is also helping us out. We have a lot of people working on this including our Chamber of Commerce director Nicole, a really sharp lady.

Some have asked why IBCA and not KCBS?  Well, half of our cookers are from Texas, where IBCA is king. Like Texas, New Mexico is cattle county. Brisket is # one on the local BBQ scene by a wide margin.
AZ seems to be favoring KCBS, but since the BBQ scene in AZ is so new, I don't think that should be a problem.  And quite frankly, dealing with Lynn at IBCA is a delight, and my conversations with KCBS have been, well, less than pleasant.  I also don't see the need for all the superfluous garnish, it's just a bunch of wasted lettuce that doesn't even make a good salad.
BBQ sauce is enough of a garnish for me. 
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. 
#25 - May 11, 2008, 02:58:01 pm

Fourlix

We got our Beer and Margarita Garden permit approved by the City Council last night.
Still Waiting for our Governor's proclamation.......  One month to go.......
#26 - May 14, 2008, 06:40:20 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Is there a more updated app?  If so, please e-mail it to me and I will post it and get our App in.  Michael@AZBarbeque.com

We are looking forward to this event, should be a fun time.

Thanks...
#27 - May 26, 2008, 07:51:06 pm
Michael J. Reimann

bbqwant2b

Do we know the size of our area's will be ? if we can put the rv in it ? power,water,ice ect ect ect ect
#28 - May 26, 2008, 08:43:59 pm
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Size on App says 15' X 30'
#29 - May 26, 2008, 09:39:56 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Lynn

Alex said there was room for large RV's
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
#30 - May 29, 2008, 06:05:16 am

Members: