AZ Barbeque.com

6-13/14 Silver City, NM - Billy the Kid Championship IBCA Sanctioned

Discussion started on

Lynn

Thought I would see if some the teams from AZ would like to come over to Silver City and do the IBCA sanctioned event.

www.BillyTheKidBBQ.com

Check it out and hope to see you there
#1 - April 15, 2008, 07:25:47 pm

Thom Emery

Glad to see that event is going to happen
#2 - April 15, 2008, 07:31:53 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Fourlix

We are cookin!  Well, getting ready anyway.  We have a 5,000 sq. ft tent for the live music, beer and margarita garden, Billy the kid Look-A-Like contest, Wild West Shoot out.  We will be showcasing local bands, Mexican, Latino, Tejano on Friday to go with the Green Chile, Western music on Saturday afternoon and Blues/Rock/Reggae on Saturday night.  Festivities will run till 10 PM both nights.  We are sending out mailers/flyers/applications to IBCA members in West Texas, I wish we had a mailing list for you Arizona guys....The only way we can communicate with you is through these forums. 

Anyway, game on.  www.BillyTheKidBBQ.com
email me at alex@BillyTheKidBBQ.com  and I will send you the application.  Please come, We need you guys over here.  This is middle ground between Texas and Arizona...And at 6,000 ft. elevation you cookers won't be roasting, expect temperatures in the low 90's or high 80's. Three hour drive from Tucson, about 4&1/2 hours from Phoenix, I-10 or U.S. 70 to Lordsburg, then north into the mountains on N.M. 90, 45 miles to Silver City.  $5,000 purse.  June 13-14.
#3 - April 27, 2008, 09:20:36 am

Thom Emery

Sounds like a good one
How is the $5000 broken up?
Is it a State Championship?
#4 - April 27, 2008, 09:47:46 am
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:49:20 am by Thom Emery »
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Fourlix

$400 first prize for ribs, brisket, chicken and grand champion. $225 for second and reserve champion.  Pays all the way out to 10th place ($30)  Friday's Green Chile stew and Hot Wings categories are $200 first prizes, pays out to 5th place.  $100 People's choice on Friday, $200 on Saturday.  $100 Billy The Kid Look-a-like contest (not part of BBQ purse)

Website has most information, www.BillyTheKidBBQ.com
I can e-mail current application if you e-mail me at alex@BillyTheKidBBQ.com
#5 - April 27, 2008, 04:05:59 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, AZBarbeque is seriously considering making the trek out to Silver City for this competition.  Any other teams planning on joining us?
#6 - April 27, 2008, 07:13:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ddog27

Hey all, AZBarbeque is seriously considering making the trek out to Silver City for this competition.  Any other teams planning on joining us?

Your just going because of the beer and margarita garden. ;D ;D ;D ;D
#7 - April 27, 2008, 07:19:12 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

mcfrankenboo

We are definitely thinking about taking part in this one. 
#8 - April 27, 2008, 07:22:04 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, here is the APP for this event, hope to see some of you over there.

#9 - April 27, 2008, 08:46:45 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

The Gym 14

I'm sure we will be going. I esp. have to improve on all my categories, right.
#10 - April 28, 2008, 01:55:56 am
Ken Hinton

bbqwant2b

I am sure the gym will be there, Chubby hubby will be for sure. I am taking the kids and letting them cook.
#11 - April 28, 2008, 08:30:11 am
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

desertdog

Silver City is worth the trip on it's own.  Beautiful part of the country and a pretty cool town.

Prior commitments or I would definitely be there.

#12 - April 28, 2008, 05:30:07 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Lynn

Looking forward see and meeting all of you at this event.  I will be in there sometimes Friday afternoon.

If any of you have any questions about IBCA feel free to contact me at info@ibcabbq.org

Good Luck to all -
#13 - April 28, 2008, 06:58:46 pm

Fourlix

We have made a couple of small changes, added Chile Rellenos to Friday's "menu". slight rework of the prize money, which now totals $5,350......  We mailed out about 60 flyer/applications to AZ teams, that flyer has now been updated to include the little tweaks we just made.....E-mail me and I will e-mail or snail mail you an updated flyer/application.   The music has grown to a full blown "Loco Music Festival"  Loco being a play on the word "local"  as it features a lot of really good local bands...  The website also has the updates.....  www.BillyTheKidBBQ.com  Don't be shy, we need to get you guys signed up.  call 505-534-0707 or if it is between 8 and 10, call me at home, 505-535-2825
#14 - May 04, 2008, 07:06:36 pm

Lynn

Mike I hope to see you there - I will be arriving around noon on Friday.
#15 - May 07, 2008, 11:15:33 am

Members: