AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• BBQ Comp - Safford, AZ: May 27, 2011 - May 28, 2011

BCS BBQ Cook-off in Safford, AZ Memorial Day Weekend, May 27th & 28th, 2011

Discussion started on

Crash

So lets say, for the sake of argument, that each team receives 3 BB racks.  Does that mean they only have the opportunity to PC those three racks total?  Or can a team only PC the ribs they are given, but can PC the other three meats to their hearts content?

I'm thinking it's just the ribs they are given.
#46 - April 27, 2011, 10:02:32 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Just the ribs they are given.  No, you are NOT going to be making a ton on PC at this event.

It's our first event in this Health Dept jurisdiction and they just don't get it.  Once they see it in action, we will be able to hopefully convince them otherwise for future events.

Come on out and enjoy a nice, cozy event with hopefully 15+ teams and enjoy a chance to win your first GC and be qualified for the Jack & Royal drawings.

Hope to see more of you out there..
#47 - April 27, 2011, 10:18:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Just the ribs they are given.  No, you are NOT going to be making a ton on PC at this event.

It's our first event in this Health Dept jurisdiction and they just don't get it.  Once they see it in action, we will be able to hopefully convince them otherwise for future events.

Come on out and enjoy a nice, cozy event with hopefully 15+ teams and enjoy a chance to win your first GC and be qualified for the Jack & Royal drawings.

Hope to see more of you out there..

That's a shame that they dont get it.  Sounds like you'll be making close to 10 bucks a rack, and you'll need the cook space to do it.
#48 - April 27, 2011, 10:25:21 pm
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea, but at least you are not coming out of pocket for the ribs.  It will be a quick PC, but should be a fun one and I'm sure we will be able to show the Health Inspector how it's done and hopefully move forward with our normal PC for future events.
#49 - April 27, 2011, 10:46:18 pm
Michael J. Reimann

G$

I wish our schedule permitted us to attend and help a new event get off the ground Memorial day is always booked for us though.  I hope the event is a success.
#50 - April 28, 2011, 09:00:45 am
G$

Border_Barbeque

You lost me with no beer, and only 4 assts.
#51 - April 28, 2011, 06:37:44 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

You can have as many assistants as you want, only 4 are recognized, don't know why they do it like this as all we care about with the BCS is the head cook.

As for the Beer, we do many events that say no alcohol.  Use your imagination..  ;)
#52 - April 28, 2011, 07:55:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Crash

As for the Beer, we do many events that say no alcohol.  Use your imagination..  ;)

Think outside the box..... or inside the red cup.
#53 - April 29, 2011, 12:39:39 am
VRM Pit Crew

AZWildcat

Sent in our registration today. For obvious smoker space reasons we will not be doing PC. Unless you have a big cooker, it doesn't make any sense, even if they are free. Just not worth the effort,fuel,sauce,rub,time,etc....Looking forward to it, hope to see more teams come out!
#54 - April 29, 2011, 10:08:13 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

I will be in Vegas the week before, So I have to see if I can get back in time to do this event.  Sounds like a great event.
#55 - April 29, 2011, 12:37:04 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Dan-O

I would love to do it, but would need to find a partner.  I do have a ProQ Excel 20 that I can bring and I have an extended cab pickup.  So if there is anyone in or near Tucson who would like to team up for this, let me know.

I am very interested in helping you out and I live in nw Tucson....I am a newbie but have been backyard smoking for about 2 years now. I would love to learn more and would be very excited to do so. My email is dtcunni@gmail.com. Thanks!
#56 - April 29, 2011, 10:06:37 pm

Mike P in Tucson

Hey Dan,

Matt and I would be happy to have you there to help out.  I am up in Sedona until May 6, but will touch base with you when I get back.
#57 - April 30, 2011, 04:12:56 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

seacus

I want to thank those of you have already registered.  We are so excited to have you come out!!! 
#58 - May 03, 2011, 08:37:08 pm

Mike P in Tucson

Royce or anyone,

On the health department permit, where you have to list all foods to be sold and what store the food came from, what do you put in that space?
#59 - May 07, 2011, 08:46:12 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

seacus

I understand that you guys are not "selling" anything (sorry not our form).  Just list what you will be presenting to the judges and where you plan on purchasing the meat.  The most important thing to the inspector is that meat is purchased from a store, and not being slaughtered in someone's back yard.  Sounds far fetched I know, but we are a rural area.   ;)
#60 - May 07, 2011, 08:13:31 pm

Members: