AZ Barbeque.com

New Phoenix Member

Discussion started on

Smoker Man

Just joined, recently found out about this club.  I could cry, so nice to find others that are also  into meat.   I love my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker, I own the 18 incher from 2009.  Also have a large kettle grill/smoker I got in a yard sale. 

I cure and smoke my own bacon, before the smoker I used a box and hotplate since heat isn't needed.  I can my own preserves, pickles, sauces and jams.  I make my own homemade bread and noodles  so naturally when I discovered smoking a year or so ago I jumped into it.  I've never met another smoker, love to see a get together and learn.  I tend to over smoke, but that's ok, I love the smell.  My favorite woods are Oak, Apple and Hickory. (apple for the bacon...mmmmmmm)

Mostly I smoke baby backs, butts/shoulders for pulled pork, home cured corned beef, fatties, chicken, turkey and did game hens stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, cream cheese and onions wrapped in my own bacon and smoked. Oh...my.  I almost didn't share.

Once I find a recipe I really like I change it.  Always after that distant rainbow.  Sauces and playing in the kitchen making new sauces is my favorite way to spend my days off.

Recently using some of my home made Banana Jam I canned this summer in a recipe for a yellow sauce.  Seems to be turning out quite well, different, doesn't always have to be red, you know.

So looking forward to meeting bbq people on this list and sharing.    I'm in Central Phoenix about Dunlap and Central avenue. 
#1 - December 21, 2009, 08:53:44 pm

jmcrig

Welcome aboard David. You'll fit right in here. Feel free to jump in anywhere.
#2 - December 21, 2009, 08:55:35 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome aboard David, I just sent you a welcome message as well.  Great to have you, glad you found us.

We have a great club/site here with lots of great BBQers, so jump on in and enjoy.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you, don't forget the pictures, we LOVE pictures here.

Hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events as well.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#3 - December 21, 2009, 09:10:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Great to have you here David.  Welcome!!!
#4 - December 21, 2009, 09:16:59 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

azkitch

MORE DAVIDS!! WE'RE TAKING OVER!!
Thanks for joining the Dave bbq forum. I'm Dave, and this is my brother, Dave....
OK. Now that I have that outta my system...I just found another Dave at another Q forum I'm directing here.
Glad you've joined up. Another point of view, and another specialty area. We're happy to have you on board. We've got a couple other bacon makers here--Colt, that's your cue! And youse guys are practically neighbors!

Gee, thanks Crash.
Dave
#5 - December 21, 2009, 09:19:59 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AzJohnnyC

Welcome home. Nice to have you.
#6 - December 21, 2009, 09:22:50 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

glenntm

Great to have you on board David.  Great group of folks out here.
#7 - December 21, 2009, 09:23:55 pm

RobOConnell

Howdy David. Welcome to the forum.
#8 - December 21, 2009, 10:24:00 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

AzQer

Welcome to the club David if you are looking for members of PETA(People eating tasty animals) then you sure came to the right place for sure. Pull up a log and enjoy
#9 - December 22, 2009, 06:12:54 am
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:45:55 pm by AzQer »
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

wedontrentpigs

Hi David.  Never enough Davids, that's for sure.  Sounds like you're a rennaisance, er, rennaissance, er, renesauce, oh, let's just say you're a talented man.  Welcome aboard.
#10 - December 22, 2009, 06:18:04 am

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome to the club David........Great to have ya ;D ;D
#11 - December 22, 2009, 06:57:59 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

azcolt45

Hey David, big welcome aboard and glad to have you. Kitch is right, we are practically next door neighbors. I am at 11 ave South of Dunlap.
I've done some bacon, but alas I am on a strict diet for a while, and will not be able to eat any while on it. But watch out when I am done!!!
Welcome
Colt
#12 - December 22, 2009, 08:17:32 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

smitty250

Welcome David - Do you sell any of your BBQ sauce?
#13 - December 22, 2009, 09:49:56 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

RudedoggAZ

Hey David, Welcome to the site!
#14 - December 22, 2009, 10:02:24 am

force

HOO Ah
#15 - December 22, 2009, 03:50:56 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: