AZ Barbeque.com

New in Chandler

Discussion started on

UDSFan

A friend helped me convert my old 55 gallon drum into a smoker and I have been smoking with my UDS for 6 months now. Have done lots of pork shoulder and chuck roast. Just started ribs and am looking to try brisket.

For Valentines by dear wife bought me an iQue fan to keep my temperature more regulated which frees up my time for other projects around the house while the UDS is doing its thing.

The family loves "my meat" and it's fun too.

Met the AZBarbeque guys at the Chandler BBQ and Beer festival last weekend. Looking forward to improving my skills at making tasty meat!
#1 - March 29, 2011, 12:32:28 pm

richoso12

Welcome to the AZBB club, sounds like you're in for more fun. It's all good my friend.
#2 - March 29, 2011, 12:45:52 pm
GOSM big block, Weber 22.5 in one touch, AMZN cold smoker. I Grow NM Heritage 6-4, NM Jalmundo, NM Vaquero, Poblano,Serrano Tampiqueno. Habaneros are Orange, Antilla, Bondo Ma Jacque, and Red Savina. I use mesquite, cherry, apple, alder, and red oak chunks.

KidCurry

Welcome, I cook on a couple of UDSs myself!
#3 - March 29, 2011, 01:50:45 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azkitch

And I cook on a most basic of UDS units, drum provided by the previous poster, Kid Curry; who is an upstanding citizen, and has a fine family. His wife can cook a little bit, too! And Kids Que well on top of it all.
#4 - March 30, 2011, 08:59:14 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Crash

Welcome dude.
#5 - March 31, 2011, 12:00:19 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AzQer

Welcome to the club glad you found us.
#6 - March 31, 2011, 06:41:40 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

NOVYQUE

Welcome to the club!
#7 - March 31, 2011, 10:15:25 am
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Chandler, AZ

BCS CBJ

AZWildcat

Is the iQuE a guru product?
#8 - March 31, 2011, 12:01:36 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

UDSFan

I have the iQue 110

http://www.pitmasteriq.com/iQue-110.html

I have used it once so far. I still tinkered with the valve to help with the temp but not nearly as much. Maybe once an hour instead of every 15 minutes. It is a lot nicer.

After a few more smokes I hope to be able to just let it cook.
#9 - March 31, 2011, 07:01:28 pm

Members: