AZ Barbeque.com

Hi from the Arizona Homebrewers!

Discussion started on

AZHomebrewers

Hey everyone! This is Ben Conner, VP of the Arizona Society of Homebrewers. We're looking forward to teaming up with all the barbecuers for a few events. I'm looking forward to learning some good barbecue tips as well! I bought a Brinkmann square vertical smoker last year after watching Marty Gibson of the former AZBBQA cook up some delicious food at our Springfest. I've only used the smoker a few times, but I'm learning.

I think homebrewers and barbecuers have a lot in common. Maybe it's just something about crafting something by hand, and the art and science that goes into it.

We'll here's to many good beers and as much good barbecue!

-Ben
http://www.azhomebrewers.org
#1 - September 03, 2009, 03:42:27 pm

AzJohnnyC

Welcome! Great to have you and I hope to make it to the event. Two of my favorite things together in one place, and all prepared by people who love what they do.
#2 - September 03, 2009, 03:53:13 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

smitty250

Welcome Ben - feel free to ask questions we are all here to help.
#3 - September 03, 2009, 03:54:55 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

KidCurry

Welcome!
#4 - September 03, 2009, 03:59:56 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

AZHomebrewers

I can't think of any specific questions I have yet. I did smoke 8 pounds of pork butt the other weekend. It hit 160 about 6 and a half hours in, quicker than I thought. We cooked it for a total of 8 hours and then kept it warm overnight by wrapping it in towels and placing it in an insulated cooler. It turned out really nice, but the meat wasn't what I'd call fall off the bone tender. Any pointers for getting the meat more tender next time?
#5 - September 03, 2009, 04:24:19 pm

Mark

You gotta hit 190 for it to be pullable. Hi, Ben. Mark Motta here. Good to hear from you.  Marty and I will be cooking with this great bunch of BBQ guys this year. The BBQ and Brew guys do have a lot in common (besides hearts workin' overtime) :mad: ;). A love of a good time.  :D :D :D Here's looking  forward to the best Oktoberfest ever!  ;D
#6 - September 03, 2009, 04:28:28 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

desertdog

Welcome, Ben!   It's great to have you guys over here, and we really look forward to working with your club at this year's Oktoberfest. 

I am putting some final details together, then we will have a sticky post with all of the event information as well as running updates on who all is coming and what they will be bringing.

I encourage everyone to mark Saturday, October 3rd on your calender to attend this great event.  Ben and his club are great people and really know how to have a good time, so don't miss out!

#7 - September 03, 2009, 04:40:44 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

AzJohnnyC

Try taking that pork butt to 200-205. It'll pull nice for you then. Take it off at about 180, pack the top with brown sugar, wrap it in foil and put it back on for nice, sweet, and tasty pulled pork.
#8 - September 03, 2009, 04:52:32 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

olivesmoker

Welcome Ben. Oktoberfest sounds like a lot of fun, will try and make it over there. Enjoy the site.
#9 - September 03, 2009, 04:59:09 pm
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

ddog27

WELCOME!!
#10 - September 03, 2009, 09:11:59 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

RobOConnell

Welcome Ben. I dont drink, but am always happy to see some new things such as brewing.
#11 - September 03, 2009, 09:30:52 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

azkitch

Glad you joined up.
I'm only good for one or two beers myself. So I'm practically a non-drinker.
#12 - September 04, 2009, 01:42:28 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ben, welcome again, great to have you onboard.  We are excited to be working with you and your group and certainly look forward to the October 3rd event.

Hope you enjoy the site/club and all it has to offer, we do have a great site here and a great group of BBQers.

Looking forward to hearing more about your BBQing exploits.

WELCOME!!!
#13 - September 04, 2009, 05:02:14 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Welcome to the Site Ben pull up a log and enjoy
#14 - September 04, 2009, 06:40:13 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

BYOB

Ben,
I am new to the organization but alread see a lot in common with may BBQers, especially Homebrewers.  My son-in-law is a long-time home brewer and my #1 supplier.  I only have his beer on tap at home.  One of my sons is a Cordon Blu Chef and my other son and I are just BBQ fanatics.  We are looking forward to the BBQ events but would certainly be interested in any Homebrew events.  Let me know.

Bob
#15 - September 06, 2009, 07:00:34 pm
Bob
Brew Your Own Beer and Wine,
BBQ and Beer

Members: