AZ Barbeque.com

Hi from the Arizona Homebrewers!

Discussion started on

RudedoggAZ

Mmmm... Beer and BBQ!!! I'm interested in learning more about brewing your own beer. Please keep us posted on homebrew events!
#16 - September 10, 2009, 09:11:50 am

toys4dlr

Welcome to the BBQ Side.  We might have met at Saddlesore, but with so many good 5 gallon beers around, I am a little fuzzy in remembering.

BBQ and Brews do go well together.

Hope to see you around.

David
#17 - September 10, 2009, 03:38:36 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

skou

Imagine this!

I just joined this Forum, because I wanted to hook up with BBQers, and the first thread I find, is about my old hobby and jobs!

I used to work at a Micro in Honolulu, that has since gone out of business, after Scott Spicola passed away.  Later, I worked at a to be un-named LHBS in the greater Phoenix area.  (The reason I left, is that the owner is a world class *******!  (Asterisks were put in by me, and do not represent a real word.)  Let's just say, the only time I wouldn't like to dump a bucket of warm spit on him, is if he was on fire.  Besides, Austin Homebrew has better prices, even if you include shipping.

Anyway, I joined to find out how to do better smoking, and to find a decent local source for a ProQ setup.

You all look friendly!

steve from Mesa
#18 - September 10, 2009, 10:35:18 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

Crash

Imagine this!

I just joined this Forum, because I wanted to hook up with BBQers, and the first thread I find, is about my old hobby and jobs!

I used to work at a Micro in Honolulu, that has since gone out of business, after Scott Spicola passed away.  Later, I worked at a to be un-named LHBS in the greater Phoenix area.  (The reason I left, is that the owner is a world class *******!  (Asterisks were put in by me, and do not represent a real word.)  Let's just say, the only time I wouldn't like to dump a bucket of warm spit on him, is if he was on fire.  Besides, Austin Homebrew has better prices, even if you include shipping.

Anyway, I joined to find out how to do better smoking, and to find a decent local source for a ProQ setup.

You all look friendly!

steve from Mesa
Howzit Steve.  Great to see another transplanted Kamaaina.  PM me if you are interested in a Pro Q......I can definitely help you out.
#19 - September 10, 2009, 11:24:50 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AzJohnnyC

So, Steve from Mesa, how do you really feel about your former employer? Ha. Joking aside, you will find more information than you'll ever need, right here. Just browse through the forum, and if you don't find what you're looking for, ask. Crash is a Pro Q guru, just don't try to get his secret red Kool-Aid recipe from him. Enjoy, and if you get back into the brewing hobby, we can work out some trades.
#20 - September 10, 2009, 11:25:30 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

skou

I've already PMed Crash, so we'll see what happens.  Crash, I didn't know you spent some time over there.  We HAVE to talk about Kiave charcoal for smoking.  Also, I'd love to make some huli-huli chicken.

Guys at my current job, I can occaisonally score a 40 LB bag of mesquite (but mexican) charcoal, for $6.00.  I have also been known to make my own charcoal, in a beat-up, rusty Brinkmann smoker.  Ever since I found about using real charcoal, those Kingsford's things are useless to me.  (Oh, if you don't completely convert mesquite to charcoal, it gives a better flavour.)  I also use (don't laugh or cringe) juniper wood when I'm converting.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!  (Oh, when I die, I want someone to cut into my leg, and see how deep the smoke ring is!)

steve
#21 - September 11, 2009, 09:03:53 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

BYOB

Mmmm... Beer and BBQ!!! I'm interested in learning more about brewing your own beer. Please keep us posted on homebrew events!

RudedoggAZ,  Log onto www.herzogbrewing.com or search Facebook for Herzog Brewing to get in touch with my son-in-law about home brewing.  There are a lot of plans in the works that will certainly interest you.

Bob

#22 - September 13, 2009, 12:03:42 pm
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:07:39 pm by BYOB »
Bob
Brew Your Own Beer and Wine,
BBQ and Beer

skou

Dogg, also I've had a wee bit of experience with making my own, PM me if you want some more help.

Oh, for whoever is interested, there is a 5 gallon bucket of amber LME available at my job.  It is priced at $50.00.  (That is about 60 LBS.  You homebrewers know what kind of a deal that is.)  PM me for details.  I'm not going to advertise here, unless I get the OK from higher powers.

steve
#23 - September 13, 2009, 08:00:11 pm

Members: