AZ Barbeque.com

Hey from Tucson

Discussion started on

RBChallenger

Just joined the board and wanted to stop in and say hey. I am relatively new to real BBQ (if you will). I enjoy cooking up good ribs, pork butts and am trying to learn brisket as well (mine seems to come out tough). I currently have limited equipment (a cheap smoker made similar to the Webber Smokey Mountain), a small charcoal grill (sized for camping) and a Kenmore gas grill. I am also getting into making my own sauces and glazes as well as rubs and I thoroughly enjoy pursuing that perfect pot of baked beans. Another big hobby of mine is home brewing, so BBQ compliments it nicely. Looking forward to participating and learning!!!
#1 - October 13, 2009, 12:13:41 pm
Regards,
Rich

jmcrig

Welcome aboard. Jump in anywhere, and any questions, just ask.
#2 - October 13, 2009, 12:25:39 pm

AzJohnnyC

Hey there. Glad you could join us. Nothing goes better together than beer and BBQ, so you couldn't have two better hobbies. Are you part of the THC?
#3 - October 13, 2009, 12:28:43 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site, great to have you here.  Jump on in and enjoy the site and all is has to offer.  There is lots of great info on here. 

I certainly look forward to seeing your posts and hearing about your BBQing exploits.  Don't forget to take pictures, we LOVE pictures.

Hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events as well.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - October 13, 2009, 12:32:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

RBChallenger

Hey there. Glad you could join us. Nothing goes better together than beer and BBQ, so you couldn't have two better hobbies. Are you part of the THC?

THC == Tucson Homebrew Club I assume? No I am not a member, been meaning to join for at least a year now. I really need to so I wouldnt do goofy things like MISS OKTOBERFEST this year!!!
#5 - October 13, 2009, 12:36:46 pm
Regards,
Rich

RBChallenger

Welcome to the site, great to have you here.  Jump on in and enjoy the site and all is has to offer.  There is lots of great info on here. 

I certainly look forward to seeing your posts and hearing about your BBQing exploits.  Don't forget to take pictures, we LOVE pictures.

Hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events as well.

WELCOME!!

Mike
Definitely looking forward to events. Looking forward to more good friends too.. smoked/BBQ's/grilled meat and home brew with good friends, just cant beat it!
#6 - October 13, 2009, 12:38:19 pm
Regards,
Rich

AzJohnnyC

A few of our members joined up with the THC club on Mt. Lemmon for their Oktoberfest a couple weekends ago. Sounded like a blast! Two great clubs...could be alot of trouble together.
#7 - October 13, 2009, 12:46:34 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

KidCurry

Welcome!!
#8 - October 13, 2009, 12:50:53 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

smitty250

Welcome Richard - hope to see you out at some events. We have some good ones coming up soon.
#9 - October 13, 2009, 01:13:01 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

desertdog

THC == Tucson Homebrew Club I assume? No I am not a member, been meaning to join for at least a year now. I really need to so I wouldnt do goofy things like MISS OKTOBERFEST this year!!!

Yeah, you missed a good time up on Mt. Lemmon, Richard. 

No worries, they have some great events throughout the year, and monthly meetings over at Boondocks, 1st Ave and Ft. Lowell, just look for the giant wine bottle.    The next meeting is Tuesday, November 3rd.  Go check it out, you will meet some great people.  Tell em Dean sent ya!  ;)

Boondocks Lounge
3306 N 1st Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719-2104
(520) 690-0991

www.boondockslounge.com

We have some excellent events coming up here in the Phoenix area over the next couple months.  Check out the Pulte BBQ competition out in Surprise in November, or the one closer to you would be the Tempe BBQ Event, next to IKEA and put on by our site Sponsor, BBQ Island.  Four Peaks Brewing Company will also be there, along with live bands.  Gonna be a good one.

Welcome to the site!

#10 - October 13, 2009, 01:44:29 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

AzQer

Welcome to the Club Richard fellow Tucsonan here, Which area you live in Im out east myself. pull up a log and enjoy the club gonna be getting some more things down here very soon so get ready.
#11 - October 13, 2009, 01:55:54 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

RudedoggAZ

Welcome!!!
#12 - October 13, 2009, 02:22:55 pm

olivesmoker

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy...
#13 - October 13, 2009, 03:17:04 pm
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

azkitch

Glad you joined the site. Dean's got some great pics from THC. I'm not sure if it's this year or last, but you can still eat your heart out!
#14 - October 13, 2009, 04:54:56 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azkitch

P.S. Brisket just plain ol' takes longer. You have to wait a long time thru transition, where it keeps absorbing the heat but doesn't get hotter--around 140--called Plateau; I was having a senior moment there. Then pull and wrap in foil around 165-170, (zat right, guys?), back on til about 190-195 for tender and slice-able. Most people toss some drippings in the foil to keep the meat moist. And you can find help in getting your smoker easier or more dependable to run, too. Is it a Brinkmann R2D2 type? There was another brand too...Char Broil i think made one.
#15 - October 13, 2009, 05:01:01 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: