AZ Barbeque.com

Upcoming Competition Interest

Discussion started on

tbonejc

Hey everybody.  A secretary at my brother's work in Show Low is thinking about doing an amateur BBQ competition July 4th weekend.  It will be strictly for charity; not sure which one yet.  We were thinking that this would be good for people wanting to get their feet wet in the competition circuit.  They're talking about an entry fee of around $25 with little or no prize fund.  Like I said, strictly for charity.  I know you big guns might look the other way but I encourage you to think about it.  It's all still VERY preliminary, but I said I'd post something here to throw some feelers out there to see if anyone would be interested.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.
#1 - March 23, 2010, 12:08:25 am

tbonejc

I just noticed that it's a couple of weeks before Prescott.  Might be some good practice.
#2 - March 23, 2010, 12:10:00 am

Crash

I like the idea, but a lot of teams will be in Williams competing that weekend.  Hopefully you'll get some good responses.
#3 - March 23, 2010, 12:29:41 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That does sound like a fun time, but as Crash said, it is the same weekend as the Williams Competition.  I'm sure not every team is coming to that though, and that would be a fun place to be over the 4th..
#4 - March 23, 2010, 01:51:36 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: