AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Charity BBQ Event: May 09, 2008

Thomas J. Pappas School Clothing & Money Drive Charity BBQ Event

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, My Cousin, Coleen is spearheading a Clothing and money drive for the Thomas J. Pappas school and students. 

If you can help out at all, please contact her.  I am trying to see if we can work out a benefit cook to raise some money for them, I will let you know if we get that arranged.

Thanks.

#1 - April 02, 2008, 07:22:40 pm
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:16:44 pm by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

RodRad

Hey Mike,

What a great thing it is to help out homeless children. Great to know people like you all who care about those who are not blessed like most of us are. I worked with youth back in Illinois. There is nothing better to me than helping kids in need. Some are so less fortunate than we.

Also there is nothing I would rather do than help you with a BBQ for these kids. Donate my diamond plate to use, labor, or money. I might have one of those to do after my fat 50 comes in for a boy who has just showed up with a diease (got a brain fart, sorry can,t remember) and does not have insurance. For those us who are a little older, remember when everybody just helped when something unfortunate hapenned to someone they knew or heard about. So maybe all who read this might help out just a little. Hey for those of who are thinking it, I'm not that old.

Remember everybody, they say almost 75% of the population is one paycheck is away from being homeless

If anyone else is doing anything else out there for someone or organization and needs help, please e-mail.

Mike, you are bringing up a wonderful thing here. You hit one out again, friend!!!!

Much apreciated,

Rodney

#2 - April 04, 2008, 01:14:55 pm

BERNIETHEK

Hey Mike,  You know I'm big into helping the poor and homeless and of course kids would be a number 1 priority for me.  I will donate some new clothes but you can count on me for at least $50 towards expenses if you do the bbq thing and helping where I can.
#3 - April 11, 2008, 12:36:26 pm
BERNIE

Jaybird

Thanks for reminding me Bernie. I am stopping by to see Coleen after work today.
#4 - April 11, 2008, 12:50:52 pm

BERNIETHEK

wHERE IS COLEEN LOCATED?
#5 - April 11, 2008, 01:46:05 pm
BERNIE

Jaybird

She works at Border States Electric on 55th St. and Washington right off the 202 and Priest.
#6 - April 11, 2008, 01:56:24 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thanks guys, you ROCK.... I am working with Coleen on putting together a BBQ lunch for anyone coming to donate on a date to be decided.  Once I get that date set and the details worked out, I will be asking for lots of help from our members.  From cooking to serving to hitting up your vendors for food, so just put the bug in their ear now, cuz I will be asking soon.

Thanks for everyone's help and support, that's what makes this site and our members so great.
#7 - April 11, 2008, 02:28:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, this is now an "Official" charity BBQ Cooking event.

Friday, May 9th from 11 am - 1:30 pm at Border Electric

We will be out there serving BBQ to anyone who shows up and donates either clothing or money.

What we need from all of you is your time and donations of food from you vendors.

The menu we would like to keep is Pulled Chicken, Pulled Pork, Beans & Chips. 

If any of you can get any of this donated or any other BBQ foods, please let us know, we want to plan on cooking for 1000 people that day for lunch.  It is a very aggressive goal, but they are trying to get the Radio Stations on board with promoting it and it looks like it this will happen.

So, CAN YOU HELP US OUT??

If you are a caterer and want to bring out your rig, pop ups, banners, etc, you are more than welcome. 

They are trying to get Drinks, plates, flat ware and napkins donated, but if you have a source for this as well, please let us know.

We do appreciate everyone's help on this. 

AZBarbeque has no problem cooking up all the food if you can get it donated from your suppliers/vendors, so let me know what you can do.

Also, we would love to have as many of our members out there that day helping out and showing how great our members are.

Thanks in advance..
#8 - April 21, 2008, 02:15:44 pm
Michael J. Reimann

RodRad

Hey Mike,

I'll be there to help in any way I can. If you don't mind, I will bring my cooker to help out. I can also help with getting the plates, plasticware, and napkins. Call and let me know how much and what you need.

Rodney Rademacher
#9 - April 22, 2008, 02:00:59 pm

bbqwant2b

mike,
you can count chubby hubby and The GYM in I will get with frank tonight and see what the suppliers will do.
#10 - April 22, 2008, 02:02:40 pm
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's Awesome Rodney & John, we do appreciate it.

We are gearing up for 1000 people, so go off of that number.

Can any of our other members/caterers help out?

We really need to get this product donated, so please contact your suppliers and see what they can do.

Pulled Pork
Pulled Chicken
Beans
Chips

We are also going to be trying to get items & gift certificates donated to raffle off out there as well, so if you know of anyone or any place that would be willing to donate something, please have them get in touch with Coleen.

Thanks everyone...  ;)
#11 - April 22, 2008, 02:04:27 pm
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:07:07 pm by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann

bbqwant2b

mike how much pork do you need
#12 - April 22, 2008, 02:15:40 pm
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Really as much as you can get.  We will have other things out there like Pulled Chicken, beans, etc, but our main food that day (Just due to cost factor) will be the pork.

If we are trying to feed 1000 people during that time, we would need about 300 lbs of Pork, so whatever you can get donated, great.  Just let us know and hopefully our other caterers on here can hit up their vendors as well and get some donated.

Thanks again John, we do appreciate it.
#13 - April 22, 2008, 02:22:31 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I just found out that the Tropic Tan Girls will be out there helping as well, so not only will we have some tasty food, but some eye candy as well..  ;D  ;D
#14 - April 22, 2008, 05:26:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann

The Gym 14

Hey Mike, let me talk to everyone and see what we can do. I know we all want to help anyone in need esp. kids (we all have them) and I know personally I will be there if nothing else. Would be nice if somehow we always helped the kids in anything we do from here out. We pay entry fees to compete, even if its a dollar on the 100, at least we would be helping someway somehow. Is it poss. to make this a rule whatever town or county we go to something goes to them. Entry fees $101 or $105 to help. 
#15 - April 22, 2008, 07:31:33 pm
Ken Hinton

Members: