AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Charity BBQ Event: May 09, 2008

Thomas J. Pappas School Clothing & Money Drive Charity BBQ Event

Discussion started on

ron b

NOT SURE IF THERE IS ANY.....  BUT I WILL BRING ONE OF MY DJ SYSTEM'S OUT FOR TUNES AND FOR ANNOUNCMENTS ETC ......... ALSO IF I GET A CHANCE I CAN HELP SERVRE..
RJB  ::)   
#31 - May 08, 2008, 02:02:42 pm
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:25:33 pm by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

BBQCZAR

Hey guys I would love to help out,but I can't do it on a work day  :( Something about owning a bussiness that really gets in the way sometimes >:(
#32 - May 08, 2008, 07:35:47 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

colleenchassis

We'll be there to donate clothes/money and enjoy some lunch!!!
#33 - May 09, 2008, 07:46:34 am
www.L2manufacturing.com

myspace.com/Colleenisyourfriend

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, thanks a TON for all the help and support.  We were SLAMMED today and it was great.  They are still counting the money and going through the clothes, but it was a HUGE success and I have to say, "THANK YOU" to everyone involved.

Especially thanks to Rodney and his wife Tracy.  They stayed up all night cooking the Pork Butts plus donated all the plastic ware and plates for this event.  Then they showed up and worked the entire event, what great people they are.  Thanks guys...

More thanks goes out to Tom, his dad Tom and their entire Whiskey Ranch crew for donating and cooking up the beans and Hamburgers and helping to serve and cook all day, that was incredible of the both of you.

Thanks also goes out to Dean, Bernie and Curtis who all showed up to help out and that they did.  Thanks for all your hard work on the serving line.  Bernie, thanks for the "Beverages" that you brought, they were cold and went down fantastic.

More thanks goes out to Ron Baldwin for coming on out and providing some incredible music the entire event, that was really great of you.

And last, but not least, THANKS to Coleen, Esa and the entire Border States Electric Supply crew for putting all of this together and busting their humps to get it all set up and running great.  You guys ROCK!!!  Great Job.

Dana from the Thomas J. Pappas School was out there and she was very impressed and thankful and we look forward to working with them again in the near future.

Thanks to all of our great members who stopped by either today or earlier and donated, it was greatly appreciated.

Whew, what a day.  We will try to post some pictures later.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
#34 - May 09, 2008, 04:29:44 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Did you find you camara Mike I hope so. Sounds like a big success way to go Qers rule.
#35 - May 10, 2008, 10:17:44 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Nope, still have not found the camera... I'm really upset about that too.. Wish I knew where it was..
#36 - May 10, 2008, 10:12:43 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

That sucks MIke,after going thru all my stuff from Indio,I now have 3 things missing that I KNOW were there on Sunday afternoon/evening  >:( Nothing really expensive,but I HATE a thief,that really is my one pet peeve ! >:( >:( >:( >:( I had to order some things today to replace what was taken,just crap ,just crap  >:( I know there were trophies stolen,lights stolen,and at least 1 cooler stolen at Stagecoach and that is bad,just let me catch someone stealing from one of my BBQ brothers and hell ,then it's on,no more mr. nice guy !!! >:( >:( >:(
#37 - May 10, 2008, 10:28:39 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Wow, you had a cooler stolen, that sucks as well.

Yea, Bonnie had the camera, laid it down next to her while she was serving and next thing we know, it's gone.  UNREAL...  I had some great Stagecoach Pictures too.
#38 - May 10, 2008, 10:30:05 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

No,I didn't have a cooler stolen,but I know someone that did,as well as the trophy(which was recovered)and some lights  >:(Pretty bad when you have to have security while you get a few hours sleep  :(
#39 - May 10, 2008, 10:33:49 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Another reason I don't sleep at competitions..
#40 - May 10, 2008, 10:42:15 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

I hear yah,me and Mr, Glock gotta start hanging out more at the comps :D >:( ;D :D :) ;) :D ;D >:( :o
#41 - May 10, 2008, 10:44:19 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

toys4dlr

All of that sucks and I know it was not the BBQ people.  However, when you add several thousand outside people and booze, it seems stuff might happen.  I know I am a little lacking on securing my area, but with crowds I guess I should be a little more aware. 

Sorry it happened to you guys.
#42 - May 11, 2008, 12:01:12 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

ron b

GLAD I COULD HELP MIKE THANK YOU FOR HAVING US......HOPE WE CAN  HELP IN THE FUTURE... FOOD WAS GREAT AS ALWAYS. GOOD TO SEE SOME OLE FRIENDS AND MAKE SOME NEW ONES.

RJB
#43 - May 11, 2008, 10:56:30 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

WHISKEY RANCH

great job to everyone..especially mike for putting this together....this is what makes what we do worth it...giving back is where it starts for the whiskey family....
#44 - May 12, 2008, 04:07:43 pm

RodRad

Thanks Mike for putting this together. Glad it was a success. Thanks to everyone we worked with. Doesn't get any better than helping kids. Anytime anyone needs help for an event like this, please feel free to call. ;D

Rodney and Tracey
#45 - May 13, 2008, 10:53:26 am

Members: