AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Charity BBQ Event: May 09, 2008

Thomas J. Pappas School Clothing & Money Drive Charity BBQ Event

Discussion started on

RodRad

Ken,

Great idea. I'm in anytime kids are involved. I know you all don't me but I had 2 kids. Boy and girl. Lost my son in the army a little over a year ago. Makes it a little closer to home for me.I hope we can come up with something like you were talking about. If I have anything left over at Stagecoach, I'm going to try to leave it there at a kids shelter if I can. Thanks for caring Ken. I'm in for anything.

Rodney
#16 - April 22, 2008, 09:36:30 pm

The Gym 14

Hey Rod thanks for sharing, I was in the Gulf War and have had many friends there after, my brother in law just retired from the Army so you have hit a special topic. So now I rant, everyone needs to realize what we have and what we do from day to day is because people young and old have stood up for us to have these rights. No matter if you believe its right or not, someone has always been there to protect us and our rights. We know sons and daughters are dying to protect our freedoms daily but how many show there support. Rod I am sorry for your loss but I guarantee your son lost his life and would be proud of it to not only support what you are doing today but even those that don't agree with what he is doing. Its the soldiers creed - can't take it away. The Army's B-Day is coming up, what can we do to support those who have fallen in "our" name?
Shoulda been in a diff. topic but oh well
#17 - April 22, 2008, 10:16:01 pm
Ken Hinton

RodRad

Thanks Ken,

Thanks so much for the reply. I didn't start my post thinking I was going to say anything about Jared. It just came out. Thought it might help everyone who reads this understand how blessed they are and how we need to help those less fortunate. I just sent over 600 dollars to Stagecoach. Whats another 25 or 50 dollars?That money would help someone so much more than we even know. Thanks for your big heart Ken. Hope you just got something started. Also more than anything thanks for the phone call. It meant more to me than you could every imagine. You went above and beyond what you had to. Ken, I have not even met you but you are a class act.

Thanks so much

Rodney Rademacher
#18 - April 22, 2008, 11:26:28 pm

The Gym 14

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined,. physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.  I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

The thing left out here is not only do they do this for what they believe in they also do this for each and everyone of us to either believe in the same or not, it doesn't matter. They are there for one pupose and one purpose only.      US
#19 - April 22, 2008, 11:49:27 pm
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:57:45 pm by The Gym 14 »
Ken Hinton

desertdog

I just found out that the Tropic Tan Girls will be out there helping as well, so not only will we have some tasty food, but some eye candy as well..  ;D  ;D

That does it, count me in! I call first dibs on being lotion boy!   :o

Just kidding, you know I'll be there regardless, Mike.  Just let me know what you need.  I can also probably bring an extra hand or two.

Dean

#20 - April 24, 2008, 05:29:33 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's awesome Dean, I appreciate the support.

As for the Tropic Tan girls, Border State put a hold on that, their HR dept didn't want to have any issues.  Overly sensitive, but understandable.

We still need more of you to talk with your vendors and get more food donated.  Please see what you all can do.

Thanks,

Mike
#21 - April 24, 2008, 07:07:27 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, this Charity Drive is this Friday at Border State Electric located at:

Border States
5519 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

We will be there from 10 am - 2 pm and serving from 11:00 am - 1:30 pm.

We need people to help serve, cook and support this event.

If you can make this, please let us know.  It's all for a great cause.
#22 - May 06, 2008, 08:31:12 am
Michael J. Reimann

BERNIETHEK

Hey Mike, I will be there for 10 AM.  Can I bring anything (supplies, etc.).

Bernie
#23 - May 06, 2008, 10:40:50 am
BERNIE

desertdog

I am shooting for 10AM, but may not be there till 10:30AM.  Let me know also it htere is anything I should bring.

Dean

#24 - May 06, 2008, 10:48:36 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Guys, 10 am - 10:30 am will be great.  You shouldn't need to bring anything other than your desire to help.

We do appreciate it.

Please pass the info along to everyone you know.  Our goal is to serve 1000 people that day.  (It is a very high goal)..
#25 - May 06, 2008, 12:54:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BERNIETHEK

Hey Mike,  Since you don't need anything what about refreshments for the workers?
#26 - May 06, 2008, 01:17:02 pm
BERNIE

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Bernie, sure, if you have some you could bring, that would be outstanding..  Thanks...
#27 - May 06, 2008, 01:20:46 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, here is the flyer for the event this Friday, please forward it on to everyone you know, family, friends, co-workers, etc.  We really need everyone's help to raise the $10,000 that is the goal for this Charity Drive.

Thanks in advance..

Mike
AZBarbeque
#28 - May 07, 2008, 05:11:36 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BERNIETHEK

Hey Mike,  Me and refreshments will be there at 10 AM.  Just hope I find the place.
#29 - May 08, 2008, 11:20:58 am
BERNIE

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Awesome Bernie...

Easy to find, SouthWest Corner of 56th St. & Washington.  Big Border States Building..
#30 - May 08, 2008, 11:39:25 am
Michael J. Reimann

Members: