AZ Barbeque.com

Queen Creek Rib and Chicken Cook off 12/8/07

Discussion started on

VisionQuest220

I'm sorry to say that we won't be able to participate in this event this year.

I have work commitments that came up for that day and need to take care of business before pleasure.
#16 - October 31, 2007, 11:22:49 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

ron b

please tell me this one is still a go i need to redeem myself  :-\ i hope lol.
ron.b

#17 - November 12, 2007, 07:36:04 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

BBQCZAR

Ron,from what I last heard,this is a no-go.Queen Creek has been difficult to deal with and they have had problems getting everything worked out.Unless something happens fast this may have to wait till next year,or not at all,maybe Mike will inject more info on this this week.
#18 - November 12, 2007, 07:59:20 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

ron b

i am feendin i need anothe bbq comp any close that anyone knows of?
 :-\ :'(
#19 - November 12, 2007, 08:12:48 am

kleonard

Count Better Burnt in. We came close this past weekend and we are hungry. >:( >:(
#20 - November 14, 2007, 10:18:38 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like this event will not be happening.

Queen Creek already has all their sponsors and infrastruction set up and that leaves us nothing to offer our sponsors.  Without sponsors, we have no money for prizes fund or organizing.

We are still working through it and are hopeful we can pull it off, but if we don't have it nailed down by this Friday, we will have to pull the plug.

Keep your fingers crossed.

#21 - November 14, 2007, 10:21:50 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Fat Rabbit

I am soooo in, Ive allready talked with the wife, Ive cleared my calandar and Im in baby! Let me know what I need to do to collect the prize... I mean register  ;D
#22 - November 19, 2007, 04:39:54 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Fat Rabbit,

You beat DDog to the punch.  I talked with him a few minutes ago and this event is official "Dead".

They don't have any money for us to host the event and we can't get our own sponsors due to their agreements with their current sponsors, so we have no money for the prize fund or for putting it together.

We are hopeful that we can work out something with Queen Creek where we can bring this contest back to their event and really make it a successful one.

Clear your schedule for the big 2nd Annual AZBarbeque Holiday party, we would love to see you out at it.  It's going to be a pot luck once again and let me tell you, that was some of the best food I have ever tasted last year.  December 15th... 5 pm - ???
#23 - November 19, 2007, 04:44:17 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ron b

can we have a rib cook off there? hmm hmm hmm hmm  :-\  god i need a contest!! sounds good tho.
ron
#24 - November 19, 2007, 04:55:18 pm

Aaron

Yep, there is a very good reason that we dropped out of dealing with the Queen Creek cookoff last year. They just flat out are not willing to work with you. I was very stunned that Darin wanted to try it again. I see that they didnt learn their lesson when we pulled out last year and tried to move it to Heart Attack Grill. Too bad for Queen Creek though. There were TONS of people interested in what we were doing when we did it there two years ago. I am sure that Darin worked hard on it though. Too bad that it didnt happen thanks to a bunch of bureaucrats who have nothing better to do then make peoples lives miserable.
#25 - November 25, 2007, 03:47:47 pm

Members: