AZ Barbeque.com

Idea

Discussion started on

tbonejc

I was doing dishes today and I had a thought I wanted to share with you guys.  I don't know if it has been done before, or something similar.  I was thinking we can have a bunch of us set up our smokers in 1 or 2 or more places and do a B.Y.O.M. Smokeout.  The idea is that people will bring us their meat and we would smoke it for them.  The catch would be that they would give us a non-perishable food item, or 75 cents to a dollar, for each pound of meat we smoke, prior to cooking of course :).  The food and money would then go to a local food bank. 
Maybe we can get D-Dogs and/or BBQ Island or whoever else out there to sell their products too, maybe a portion of profits go to the food bank too.  What do you think?  Maybe we can do it for 3-5 days sometime or whatever.
#1 - April 16, 2010, 06:01:17 pm

azkitch

Holy Cow, what a great idea! Would it be tough to carry out logistically?
#2 - April 16, 2010, 06:08:35 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AzScott

I like the idea but you have the problem of not know how the meat has been handled and it could turn into a liability headache.  Maybe an event where people can buy the meat by the pound already cooked. Regardless, I think you have a good idea.
#3 - April 26, 2010, 09:42:08 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

Members: