AZ Barbeque.com

Annual Forum Competition??

Discussion started on

bigmookied

I am not sure if this is the right place ot post this here, so Mods please move where appropriate.

Was wondering if the site has or may think about a yearly competition for site members, best of the best "local" bragging rights as it may.

The reason I am asking is two fold, one to help the group and get an annual meet together and second to see if there is a way to mix cars and BBQ in one event.

The car side is my International Harvester Scout Club, the Sonora Desert Scouts (www.sonoradesertscouts.com. We have an annual AZIHR (Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous) every year in April, last month we had it in Wickenberg at a great Rodeo Grounds Park and will do the same next year. I was thinking what goes better than good BBQ and Old Cars? nothing, just add beer and it is like heaven...

One thing we did this year is have a caterer come in to do a BBQ dinner. The dinner was good, but thinking it could be way better. What my idea was is to have a competition where the competitors were given award purse in exchange for putting together the dinner together. Maybe not the perfect idea, but I am sure someone here can think of a good solution if we are to move forward.

There is camping onsite for a small group for free and a larger area across the street with hook-ups and such.

The following morning we have a nice run through the desert in the Scouts/IH's, which I am sure any of you adventurers can snag a seat on if you like.

Here is a link to the pics I took of this year's Rendezvous and the run the next day:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/BigMookieD/AZIHR%202009/

It is a great time and I think you all would probably agree.

Let me know what your thoughts are about something like this.

Thanks.

Armando

#1 - May 13, 2009, 03:15:24 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Armando,

Thanks for the post, great idea.  We are always looking for new events to do with our members, especially socials.

I think this would be better as a Pot Luck Social between the two clubs or even as a Charity Fundraiser event where it's a Pot Luck, but also everyone donates $5 or $10 to a charity we determine in advance and it's a win/win for everyone.

PM me or call me and let's discuss details, I think this would be a great combined group event that could really take off.

Great Idea!!!

Mike
#2 - May 13, 2009, 03:40:28 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: