AZ Barbeque.com

Angels Choice KCBS Cook off needs your help

Discussion started on

jim

We now have our second state championship, we now need to have at least 15 teams -- you will have a great chance to go to the big show as we only have 2 state cookoffs. I am asking for the help and support of the BBQ teams of the great State of Arizona ---
See below for info or call Linda 1 505 377 6555 the signup date has been extended --- thanks again -- Jim

Like to invite everyone to Angel Fire NM for their first annual Angel Choice Cook-off
May 25th - 26th this is a sanctioned KCBS cook off, this being their competition 15 teams are needed to make this a qualifier. This is being run in conjunction with the “Enchanted Circle” and Vietnam Memorial Motorcycle Rally. Please take a look at the web pages --- Angels Choice – www.afgov.org
Vietnam Memorial ---- grunt.space.swri.edu/angelfir.htm
#1 - May 04, 2007, 01:40:39 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, AZBarbeque will be competing at this event, come on out and join us.  It's going to be a great event.
#2 - May 05, 2007, 08:19:04 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

jim

What the name of your team? I will post the names of the teams that are entered later this week --
Thanks for the support, i believe this will turn into a great event and will continue to grow every
year -- Jim
#3 - May 07, 2007, 03:30:25 pm

jim

AZBarbeque --- do you know Whiskey River Smokers? They are signed up from Arizona -- Linda said were
at 14 teams entered -- 1 is a lonely number, looking good -- Jim --- hey Aaron -- Linda said the Green Chile
burrito's are up to 1 LB each --1/2lb meat, 1/4lb cheese, 1/4lb HOT NM Green Chile
#4 - May 08, 2007, 01:35:58 pm

Aaron

If I can find someone to cook with I will be there. Maybe I will drive up and torment Mike all weekend!!  >:D
#5 - May 08, 2007, 02:33:22 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Is it Whiskey Ranch Smokers?  If so, that is the team I will be up there cooking with unless I can get my new grill in by then so I can compete with my own team.

No Torment Aaron, come on up and let's have some beverages together.  ;)  Then we can torment everyone else that didn't make it up.  ;D
#6 - May 08, 2007, 03:48:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann

jim

Linda's sending the updated list this week -- I'll post the teams signed up, glad to have ya either way
Jim
#7 - May 08, 2007, 04:07:42 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jim,  I just logged on to the contest site and I see the prize $$ has Changed quite a bit.  Am I just mis-reading this?  Please advise.

How many teams are signed up already?
#8 - May 15, 2007, 09:55:58 pm
Michael J. Reimann

jim

I checked the page and the $5,000.00 has not changed, did you see another figure? Have  you noticed this is listed on the KCBS as a State Championship - less than 15 teams as of 5/15/2007 --- from Arizona -- Whiskey Ranch, I'll list the teams signed up when Linda updates me. Linda will accept entries still even though the web page has a cut off date of the April 25th, Bud went up last weekend and surveyed the site -- lots of room, easy access, friendly people --- he's reved
#9 - May 16, 2007, 07:13:03 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

When we first checked the site, I believe it said the prize fund was $15,000.  I know it wasn't just me that saw it because I had a discussion with several people about how that was great prize money for a first year event.  Maybe it was a mis-print that they fixed, but I do remember it saying that.
#10 - May 16, 2007, 07:45:31 am
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

I also saw the $15,000 prize money and was suprised as well.Now it has changed ??? I was thinking of doing this comp,big money for first time event,wonder why the change,or was it a typo ?
#11 - May 16, 2007, 08:42:58 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

jim

$5,000.00 was the prize money from the get go, I did not see any higher prize money listed. Heck if it was 15K I would take time off to practice for the contest. 5K is still a good lick for so few teams, as my stickman say's us beening blind hogs we could get lucky and find us a acorn. Are ya commin?
#12 - May 16, 2007, 09:37:01 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jim, it doesn't look like we will be making it up there for this one this year.

Good luck with the contest, it does seem like a great one.  Wish we could make it.  Maybe next year.
#13 - May 16, 2007, 09:46:45 am
Michael J. Reimann

Members: