AZ Barbeque.com

Opinions on new knives wanted.........

Discussion started on

chefrob

my favorite knive is a messermeister cleaver and it gets used almost everyday........
#16 - April 10, 2010, 07:12:59 am

revgodless

My favorite knives are iCook- designed by Ken Onion, if you've heard of him- nearly identical to the Shun knives he designed but an assload cheaper, and the come in a neat keeper that fits into a kitchen drawer, though I still usemy 12" messermeister slicer....

iCook is distributed by Amway... so... yeah.. thought I would mention that..
#17 - April 14, 2010, 12:24:19 pm
(480)636-6990
Promotions Department
Monotronics Security systems
AZ BBQer home owners get a $1500
system, installation, and activation for no charge.
Serving Phoenix and surrounding area

chefrob

picked up some cheap white handled knives at smart and final the otherday. 10'' flexible boner for under $7 and a serrated bread for under $8!
#18 - April 15, 2010, 06:29:03 pm

force

I love my machete.....
#19 - April 15, 2010, 10:28:50 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

azkitch

picked up some cheap white handled knives at smart and final the otherday. 10'' flexible boner for under $7 and a serrated bread for under $8!
"Lead us not into temptation..."
#20 - April 15, 2010, 11:16:33 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AzJohnnyC

10'' flexible boner for under $7
??? :-X :D
#21 - April 16, 2010, 07:12:31 am
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Harpo

This site is getting expensive, I just ordered the Mad Cow Set mentioned above. I don't know which is the most fun, Smoking on the Que or Spending money.  ::)
#22 - April 16, 2010, 09:26:25 am
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

jmcrig

This site is getting expensive, I just ordered the Mad Cow Set mentioned above. I don't know which is the most fun, Smoking on the Que or Spending money.  ::)
Let us know what you think of the set. I was thinking about ordering one, but got new tires instead. Who would have thought tires, would come before a set of BBQing Knives. What is this world coming to?
#23 - April 16, 2010, 10:26:51 am

KidCurry

Let us know what you think of the set. I was thinking about ordering one, but got new tires instead. Who would have thought tires, would come before a set of BBQing Knives. What is this world coming to?

Yea I know and tires are expensive!!!
#24 - April 16, 2010, 11:17:27 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Mark

I guess they're both expensive to prevent buying tires and knives at the same time. Dangerous combination. ??? Just think of the flats. ;)
#25 - April 16, 2010, 11:59:56 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Harpo

Got my knives yesterday and they look impressive. Have a brisket and 2 pork butts to trim this weekend. Looking forward to putting them to the test. Will follow up on how I like them.

Use the big slicing knife in the Mundial set slicing my brisket. Some of the more even uniform slicing I have done. Also used the 7" I think to trim the brisket and I am one happy camper.
#26 - April 22, 2010, 08:34:03 am
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:21:25 pm by Harpo »
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

cowboy2glm

It was reported earlier in the forum that the Forschner name is being discontinued which is true. Victorinox, who owned the Forschner name here in the US, has decided to not carry both names, so they are dropping the Forschner name. As far as I know, and I deal directly with their headquarters in the US, there is no intent to drop the Victorinox cutlery line.

Something else that might interest you is that there is another company from Switzerland that is known in some circles for their knives. They are called Wenger and for some time were very popular with their yellow handle SWIBO line. The Wenger kitchen cutlery line was dropped here in the US back in the late 90s. Since I sell on ebay and also have my own website www.wannaknife.com, I was always getting request for some of these knives. I email the parent company in Switzerland and am know carrying the SWIBO line by buying them out of Canada. Something else I discovered about a year ago is that Wenger is owned by guess WHO?  Victorinox

For all the Forschner/Victorinox kitchen cutlery users, they have announced that there will be a price increase as of April 1st. They have not advised as how much or on what products.

#27 - January 22, 2011, 01:56:45 pm

azkitch

??? :-X :D

Temptation, thy name is AZJohnnyC...    :D
#28 - January 22, 2011, 08:49:11 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: