AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Out of the Ashes BBQ Comp: September 07, 2012 - September 08, 2012

Out of the Ashes BBQ Comp - Springerville, AZ

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I just heard from Dan (Crazy Pig), he is also in.  So, if Major Woody's is in and Crazy Pig is in, that would put us at 19 Teams.

That's pretty good. 

We are still hoping for a few more teams last minute. 25 would be a good number.

We just have this event and the one in Coolidge in November left, so the TOY's are still open for anyone, but you have to compete to be eligible.

Hope to see a few more teams coming to this event.
#151 - August 27, 2012, 05:53:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

WhiskeyRiverAZ

Oh we're in alright!
#152 - August 27, 2012, 06:35:08 pm

AZWildcat

We will be there. Great cause and fantastic weather. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great comp. I'd like to see a few more teams to get past 20, so if you are sitting on the fence like us, just pull the trigger! Perfect comp for first timers too....low key, low pressue and fun. There are a ton of us willing to help beginners from start to end, so let's go....
#153 - August 27, 2012, 09:21:32 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Awesome to hear you and the family are coming Dan.  It is a great event, supporting a great cause and some great communities.

Mike is the Police Chief up there in Springerville and has really gotten the community together for this great event.  He has been a great supporter of the club and BBQ throughout the state and it would be great to see lots of our club members support him and this event. 

Even if you don't want to compete, come on up and judge or come up and just enjoy the event and get out of the heat for a few days.

There is an ATV Jamboree going on, so come on out and see some of the great ATVs that will be there and all the sponsors they will have set up out there displaying some great items.

Hope to see lots of you supporting this event.
#154 - August 28, 2012, 12:03:36 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

THE COWBOY WAY, AZ

cool looks like its going to be an awsome event. Next year might be twice as many
#155 - August 28, 2012, 07:22:51 am
Jr

145 grill

We will be there. Great cause and fantastic weather. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great comp. I'd like to see a few more teams to get past 20, so if you are sitting on the fence like us, just pull the trigger! Perfect comp for first timers too....low key, low pressue and fun. There are a ton of us willing to help beginners from start to end, so let's go....

I can vouch for the help given by other teams, Dan (crazy pig) has been there and helped me at each competition. Great bunch of people and a wonderful group to be associated with.
#156 - August 28, 2012, 07:28:38 am
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

I just got a call from the Health Dept. They are very nice and seem eager to work with everyone to make this a successful event. They will also be coming by to try some samples. See every one in two weeks.
#157 - August 29, 2012, 12:10:21 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Harpo

Robert, talking to one of your relatives (Sylvia) about comps I do and asked if I knew your team. Told her that I compete against you but really haven't meet you. Will have to offically meet your at Springerville. See ya there.
#158 - August 29, 2012, 02:20:56 pm
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

AZWildcat

Robert, talking to one of your relatives (Sylvia) about comps I do and asked if I knew your team. Told her that I compete against you but really haven't meet you. Will have to offically meet your at Springerville. See ya there.
Believe me, meeting him is not all it's cracked up to be... >:D :D
#159 - August 29, 2012, 04:59:05 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Thanks Dan! Jerry, I will see you in Springerville.
#160 - August 29, 2012, 05:02:02 pm

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Mike P in Tucson

Hey to all Tucson teams!!!

What time are you all heading up there?  Can we convoy and load in as a group?

Besides, I am doing this comp solo and will need all the help I can get..............particularly unloading and loading the "monster" BDS :D
#161 - August 29, 2012, 05:04:12 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Tracey

Early Mike, Lemme know what we can help you with!
#162 - August 29, 2012, 07:30:57 pm

AZWildcat

Hey to all Tucson teams!!!

What time are you all heading up there?  Can we convoy and load in as a group?

Besides, I am doing this comp solo and will need all the help I can get..............particularly unloading and loading the "monster" BDS :D
You are aware that we did not build that to be mobile, right? Man, that's nuts. Anyway, we are not sure what time we will be heading up there. It's pretty much whatever work ends and the trailer is loaded. If I'm there of course I will help you load and unload your gear.

On a side note I'm thinking possibly a side bet...UA South (Tsn) vs. UA North (Tempe). Maybe we can come up with the formula to try and average out certain teams that want to participate. Since UA owns ASU in both sports and academics  :angel:, I thought we can make a triple crown for bragging rights. Any ideas? More braggings rights than monetary compensation.
#163 - August 29, 2012, 07:43:14 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Bring it. You can do it like the border battle. Match up each team head to head and the side with the most points wins the battle. The prize can be money or the bottle bet.
#164 - August 29, 2012, 08:15:35 pm

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Mike P in Tucson

You are aware that we did not build that to be mobile, right? Man, that's nuts. Anyway, we are not sure what time we will be heading up there. It's pretty much whatever work ends and the trailer is loaded. If I'm there of course I will help you load and unload your gear.

On a side note I'm thinking possibly a side bet...UA South (Tsn) vs. UA North (Tempe). Maybe we can come up with the formula to try and average out certain teams that want to participate. Since UA owns ASU in both sports and academics  :angel:, I thought we can make a triple crown for bragging rights. Any ideas? More braggings rights than monetary compensation.

I know she wasn't meant to be mobile.  But I just can't resist bringing her along.  She is just so pretty and she now has two grates.  I just have to show her off.   Besides, I can't cook everything on one Excel 20.

I dunno, Dan, the valley of the smog is loaded with teams............well, at least one --- Little Miss.  The others?  Whatever.  But if the smoggers beat the sunners?  Well, we have them beat in academics and athletics, so they would be going for one out of three.  Which means that we still would have 2 of 3 andstill bragging rights.  But I do expect, with you and Tracey, we would end up with 3 of 3.

Edit:  Oops, I forgot that Hog Pit will also be there, so that increases our odds even more.
#165 - August 29, 2012, 10:23:10 pm
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:11:46 am by Mike P in Tucson »
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Members: