AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• ASH Oktoberfest Beer & BBQ: October 22, 2011

OKTOBERFEST 2011

Discussion started on

desertdog

Hey everybody,

Just want to give you a heads up to mark your calenders for this year's Oktoberfest held at Kiwanis Park in Tempe on Saturday, October 22nd.

I will have all the details coming up as we get closer, but in talking with Jeff with ASH, he is expecting to make this the biggest and best Oktoberfest yet!  

He predicts at least 800 people for this event.  We want to see a big turnout as well from the BBQ crowd, so block out that Saturday and join us for a great day of Beer, BBQ, Music and fun for the whole family!

Dean
#1 - August 10, 2011, 10:50:32 am
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:14:07 am by Mike (AZBarbeque) »
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

jmcrig

Dean, so 1200 brats plus the BBQ?
#2 - August 10, 2011, 10:55:50 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's Awesome Dean, I just added it to the Calendar.

This has always been a fun event & a great way to mix members & passions from both clubs.

AZBarbeque & our member typically supply all the food and for doing so, all of our members get in FREE.  The ASH Club provides all the Beer.

If it's like year's past, we do need to provide a list of names of everyone coming, so if you are planning on attending, please post up who will be in your group, what food you can bring & quantity of food.  If you prefer to message myself or Dean this info instead, please do so.

Hope to see lots of you out here for this great event.  Remember, bring a Designated Driver...
#3 - August 10, 2011, 11:16:32 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

desertdog

Dean, so 1200 brats plus the BBQ?

Nothing you can't handle, Mark!   ;)

#4 - August 10, 2011, 11:28:06 am

jmcrig

I'll be there with about 1200 brats. It will be myself and Ryan Farnsworth.;D
#5 - August 10, 2011, 12:13:12 pm
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:16:09 pm by jmcrig »

Mark

Great news, Dean!

For all you newbies, this is a must see event; an absolute blast. ;D The local homebrewers club pulls out all the stops and brings keg after keg of dozens of kinds of great homebrew. This is their big annual competition so you're tasting their very best. We need plenty of help to man the pits and smokers, make side dishes, etc. They usually have an ompah band and its kid friendly too. My son loves the homemade root beer. Trust me. You won't want to miss this party!

Around the same time of year, the Tucson beer club has their Oktoberfest on Mt. Lemmon. BBQ, beer and overnight camping. Fresh mountain air and lotsa fun, too!
#6 - August 10, 2011, 03:44:29 pm
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:50:31 pm by Mark »
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

desertdog

Great news, Dean!

For all you newbies, this is a must see event; an absolute blast. ;D The local homebrewers club pulls out all the stops and brings keg after keg of dozens of kinds of great homebrew. This is their big annual competition so you're tasting their very best. We need plenty of help to man the pits and smokers, make side dishes, etc. They usually have an ompah band and its kid friendly too. My son loves the homemade root beer. Trust me. You won't want to miss this party!

Around the same time of year, the Tucson beer club has their Oktoberfest on Mt. Lemmon. BBQ, beer and overnight camping. Fresh mountain air and lotsa fun, too!

The ASH club will have plenty of volunteers again this year to help out on the serving side of things, so don't think you are going to have to work if you come.  However, if you want to give a hand for a while that's cool too!

I have not heard back from the Thomkes yet on the Mt. Lemmon Oktoberfest.  I should know something by this weekend I would imagine.  We will put up a seperate post for that event, but it normally occurs earlier, say mid September because it gets pretty darn cold up there in October, sometimes below freezing at night!

#7 - August 10, 2011, 04:24:36 pm

graves83

Both events were fun last year! Been waiting all year for the info on the Mt. Lemmon event...  ;D
#8 - August 11, 2011, 10:41:31 am

desertdog

Mike and I will be attending the Oktoberfest 2011 Planning meeting this Saturday to hash out all the details with the Arizona Society of Homebrewers.  Here is some additional information that I have at the moment, and once we get more details this weekend we will pass that along to you.  Remember, this event is free to all AZ Barbeque members and family, but you must RSVP beforehand.

I can say this, I will be wearing my Lederhosen this year and will be cooking up some incredible Schupfnudeln mit kraut und speck!   :P

From the website:    http://club.azhomebrewers.org/events/ash-oktoberfest-2011

Time: October 22, 2011 from 12pm to 6pm
Street: 6111 S All American Way Tempe, AZ 85283
City/Town: Tempe, AZ

Event Description:

-Delicious smoked meat from AZ Barbeque Club plus potluck.

-Musical stylings by Bargrass Revival

-Homebrew and Microbrew served.

-Family friendly with bounce houses and homemade soda. Possible face painting.

-Kids and Designated Drivers are Free, Designated drivers must be on the DD list.

-Open to members of all AZ homebrew clubs.

-Remember to enter your best homebrew for the Oktoberfest Competition
#9 - August 11, 2011, 04:35:22 pm

AzJohnnyC

I'm surely in. Let me know if you want me to join you guys for the meeting.
#10 - August 11, 2011, 06:43:15 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Mark

Could this be the right time to roast a schwein or two? O0
#11 - August 12, 2011, 12:53:59 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

desertdog

Schweinebraten?  Could do a whole hog.  Saw the roaster over at BBQ island today.
#12 - August 12, 2011, 12:43:52 pm

graves83

Dean,

Any new information on the Mt. Lemmon event?
#13 - August 22, 2011, 10:03:21 pm

desertdog

Dean,

Any new information on the Mt. Lemmon event?

Unfortunately this year's Oktoberfest on Mt. Lemmon in Tucson is a No-Go.  The organizer of the past events is unable to do it this year.  She has assured me that it will be back in 2012 however, bigger and better than ever.

Of course, the ASH Oktoberfest is definitely a BIG GO, and is going to be a blast this year!    I encourage all of our members to take advantage of this event as it is FREE, normally a $30 entry fee.  Just bring a side item, your family and a smile!  PLEASE be sure to RSVP.  This is a private event and as in year's past, security will not let anyone in who is not on the list.  No exceptions!

#14 - August 24, 2011, 03:04:37 pm
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:09:15 pm by desertdog »

jmcrig

Dean, I talked with Mid-West Meats today. They are going to be suppling use with 1200 brats. I'm already hungry.
#15 - August 24, 2011, 03:26:55 pm

Members: