AZ Barbeque.com

The Best Chili You Will Ever Taste

Discussion started on

azkitch

Highly recommended. My former boss, may he rot..oh sorry...the fine lad, brought this in once, and I finally made it tonight. This recipe calls for cocoa, strong coffee and dark beer. And brown sugar. It works. Really well. http://www.recipezaar.com/The-Best-Chili-You-Will-Ever-Taste-73166 The recipe says 4 chili peppers. Hmmm. 2 habaneros and 2 serranos. OK. Actually, this made a full 8" DO full, so it had plenty of zing, but I didn't run screaming for a glass of milk. OTOH, I cut the last third of an inch off one of the habs and ate it while cooking, so I was fairly conditioned. I finally broke down and had some egg nog about 10 minutes after that. Egg Nog puts the fire out pretty well. For a minute...  >:D
Anyway, I couldn't buy full 6 pack, so I bought a single large bottle--500ml--of Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale from England. Pretty good stuff!
I would have included some pics, but apparently someone lost his camera while disembarking from his flight from MD. Dammit. :mad:
#1 - October 28, 2009, 07:42:05 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

PAT YOUNG

KITCH, this looks like a great recipe and although we don't use beans in comp chili, i will be trying this recipe for sure! thanks
#2 - October 28, 2009, 11:22:52 pm

Crash

Hey Pat, what is the chili "clone" that I've read about?
#3 - October 29, 2009, 01:21:25 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

PAT YOUNG

CRASH, is that possibly the pointy headed folks from france?
#4 - October 29, 2009, 02:13:47 am

bearbonez

Well...ya can't go wrong with Samuel Smith's!!
#5 - October 29, 2009, 11:37:41 am
David "Bear" Nunley

azkitch

Yeah, I was fairly impressed whilst swilling the leftovers...I kept thinking, "I could do that again!"
#6 - October 29, 2009, 01:03:12 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: