AZ Barbeque.com

Queso...(cheese dip)

Discussion started on

montyguitar

Monty Guitar Tyler's World Famous Queso Recipe

2lbs. yellow american cheese (cubed)

get this from your grocer's deli.  If you can get it  Land O' Lakes extra melt it is my favorite.  Sometimes you can get this cheese from a local restaurant.  Just tell 'em you want a five pound block.  It makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches and anything else you use cheese on.

1    fresh tomato chopped
1     medium onion chopped
2    Fresh Jalepeno Peppers diced

Place tomato, onion and jalepenos in a large pot and cover the veggies with about one inch of water.  Bring to a boil and let it cook until the veggies are tender and your water has reduced by about one half inch.  Reduce the heat to very low and start slowly adding the american cheese constantly stirring.  The queso will thicken after it cools a little.  I always buy three pounds of cheese just in case the recipe needs a little more to get the right consistancy.

Spoon queso into a bowl and serve with corn tortilla chips

for an alternative....fry up a little hamburger meat and put it in the bowl of queso right before serving.

It is awesome...Good luck trying to stop eating it.  It's addictive.
#1 - October 17, 2007, 10:35:48 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Monty, that does sound tasty.  Do you leave the water in as you add the cheese or do you strain it first??

I will certainly be trying that one.  I like the idea of adding the ground beef, I would even take it a step further and add in some ground sausage...

Now I'm hungry again...  :D
#2 - October 17, 2007, 02:33:24 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: