AZ Barbeque.com

The newb says Hi

Discussion started on

Otis857

Greetings and salutations to all,
   I just discovered Az BBQ.com and registered today. Im new to this forum but not new to BBQing. Im an Az native and just 3 years shy of being a 2nd generation native. Im a paint and body man by trade and have worked for APS going on 28 years now. My personal hobbies include cooking (of course), Skiing, Offroading and chilling at our cabin in the Blue Ridge area.

My bbq experiance has been strictly backyard primarily with different gas grills over the years. But the past 2 years, I have stepped up my cooking skills and lately, I have got into smoking. My 3 kids pitched in and bought me a Bar B Chef offset smoker which I have used for the last 2 years with some very tasty results. I signed up for Jeff (?) newsletter at Smokingmeat.com out of Tulsa and have found some great advice there. But here, I hope to meet some local experts and get the home town flair as well.

This last summer, I shot the wad and bought a Bull BBQ Island with a 5 burner Angus grill, which Im quite happy with. This purchase coincided with a patio extension for an outdoor kitchen area. Now, Im looking to go with a Propane smoker to integrate with the island and have my cooking equipment in one place. My research has led me to your forum and I hope to find some great techniques and recipes that will further my smoking and grilling skills. And Im sure I will be looking at what you guys use for smokers too.

Happy Grilling,
Mike

#1 - December 02, 2010, 03:54:17 pm
Mike
Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

AzQer

Well we sure are glad you found us Mike, So where are you from in Arizona. I'm also a native and cant imagine being somewhere else. You come to the right place to read about BBQ we have a lot of experience on this site. Just ask away and enjoy.
#2 - December 02, 2010, 05:29:30 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

azkitch

Welcome to the madhouse, Mike. We're glad to have you aboard.
#3 - December 02, 2010, 08:27:55 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Otis857

Thanks Kitch & Qer for the welcome,
   To answer your question, I grew up in the West Valley around 36 ave & Glendale. I've bounced all over the West valley over the years and now Im in N. Glendale. I look forward to going to some of the local events as time allows and learning some tricks of the grill.
#4 - December 03, 2010, 07:44:19 am
Mike
Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

BrownBearBBQ

Welcome to the site Mike!! Lots of great stuff here!
#5 - December 03, 2010, 11:46:04 am
Diamond Plate Series 70 Modified
Southern Pride  300
Traeger
KCBS Judge #56038

Brown Bear BBQ Catering and Personal Chef

Providing the Best of "Smokin' Good Times"!!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome once again Mike, great to have you here.

As you can see, we have a great group of BBQers on here with lots of great discussions & events.  Jump on in and enjoy.

We certainly look forward to seeing your BBQing posts, just don't forget pictures, we love pictures here.

Also look forward to meeting you soon out at some of our great events.  We have our Annual Charity Holiday Party & Awards banquet this Saturday and if you only make one of our events each year, this is the one to come to.  You can find the details by visiting http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/6th-annual-azbarbeque-holiday-party/

Once again, WELCOME!!

Mike
#6 - December 08, 2010, 12:09:33 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Welcome Mike.
#7 - December 08, 2010, 01:10:47 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

BBQCZAR

Glad you stopped in,sit down and smoke awhile  :)
#8 - December 08, 2010, 01:48:16 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Members: