AZ Barbeque.com

Texas transplant to Arizona

Discussion started on

SmokinAces

Hello yall, My name is Kevin Hardin. Lived out here in Arizona since 1991. Been very career focused until recent market changes and am exploring a new chapter in my life. Have been "catering" events with a collection of BBQ recipes around Phoenix for the last 10 years and recently business has increased dramatically. Maybe I got better. Who knows. My website is www.smokinacesbarbeque.com I used to compete in Texas in a number of BBQ competitions, I have numerous show, place and wins in all meats but no Grand or Reserve Champion trophies. Would love to join or build a new team and get involved in the AZ circuit. I look forward to meeting good people.
#1 - August 12, 2008, 11:20:58 am
Kevin W. Hardin
Pit Master
Smokin Aces BBQ
602-571-9644
www.smokinacesbarbeque.com
You Can't Beat Our Meat

Thom Emery

Hey Kev Where did you live in Texas?
#2 - August 12, 2008, 01:48:31 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Kevin, Great to have you on here.  We do have a great group of people on here and are always looking for new BBQ Friends.

We look forward to seeing you out at many of our upcoming events and cook-offs.  As you know, once you get that first one under your belt, you are addicted.

Great to hear your catering is going well, the best advertisment is word of mouth and in catering, it's a lifeline.   Take some pictures and post them up for us to see, we all love pictures over here.

Congrats on your category wins, the GC and RGC will be soon to follow I'm sure.  We look forward to seeing you and your team up on the stage.  ;)
#3 - August 12, 2008, 03:14:06 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

The Hog Squad

Kevin, welocme! I'm a newbie to the site too...........I can't wait to see that cooker you built....what part of town do you live in? We recently met through that craigslist ad, remember?

Boomer Sooner....Jay AKA The Hog Squad
#4 - August 13, 2008, 08:57:49 pm

Quiggs

Hey Kev Where did you live in Texas?

Yeah Kevin, welcome and what part of Texas?
#5 - August 13, 2008, 09:11:13 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

SmokinAces

I call Midland Texas home but I have lived in El Paso, San Antonio, San Angelo, Brownwood, Dallas, Wichita Falls, Fluvanna, Snyder, Odessa, Austin. What can I say. Texas is a big country and we moved around alot.  :)
#6 - November 25, 2008, 07:55:50 pm
Kevin W. Hardin
Pit Master
Smokin Aces BBQ
602-571-9644
www.smokinacesbarbeque.com
You Can't Beat Our Meat

KidCurry

Saw your smoker out at the event last month...very impressive.
#7 - November 25, 2008, 09:42:21 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azkitch

You forgot Abilene, Anson, Buffalo Gap, Merkel...Whew, how'd I remember that! Yup, met ya at Pulte, that's when I figured out that Brownwood was just around the bend from where I'd been. 5 years in Abilene, and I never did eat at Buffalo Gap Steakhouse. Hrrumph. Plenty of Sonics and Mack Eplens. Again, how'd my old ragged mem. cells dredge that up!!
Nice cooker. I'd like to have a rotisserie.
Dave
#8 - November 25, 2008, 11:47:36 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AzQer

Kevin great to have ya pull up a log and enjoy
#9 - December 03, 2008, 11:23:55 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Members: