AZ Barbeque.com

noob griller, noob smoker, expert eater

Discussion started on

upchuck

So a few weeks back I did my first competition with BrianL (on these boards) as part of "Squeal Team Six" at the Seacus Safford throwdown dealio.
Met Mike... met some of the other teams... had a great time... took 4th overall I believe and 4th in Pork but pretty much learned that I/we have a lot to learn :) haha...

About me... I'm an expensive Web guy that will build you better-that-what-your-web-guy-built stuff online and get you in front of competition in search engines. I'll leave it at that.

Cooking.... I don't know what the hell I'm doing in a kitchen; I've never cooked anything short of toast, ramen, grilled cheese and I think spaghetti once.
Grilling.... as of 6 months ago I never turned a grill on. Once tried charcoal and all my stuff tasted like lighter fluid. Said F that... takes too long anyways.

So what the heck am I doing on these forums?
So... I LOVE to eat... I know what is good and I started asking friends about how different cooking/grilling etc alters the taste of food... I'm more interested in grilling at that point and took about 3 days beating into my brain about how to grill a steak. Went out and bought a couple steaks, bought a $600 something dollar weber grill and some seasoning from Von Hanson's and went at it. Wasn't bad. Since then I've gotten really good at steaks, chicken and sort of pork.
But... known BrianL for some time... the kid pretty much lives/breathes BBQ and I wanted to learn more so... hence the BBQ stuff and why I'm here.

I hope to learn from all of you and make some friends along the way. Tallyho. Cheers.
#1 - June 23, 2011, 03:18:04 am

BrianL

Haha...glad I'm getting you addicted too...
#2 - June 23, 2011, 03:22:03 am
SQUEAL TEAM SIX
Memphis Advantage
Onyx Oven
22.5" & 18.5" WSM

AZWildcat

Chuck, don't think we met, but we were in Safford for the "dealio" as well. Glad to have ya here. Have any questions, just ask away. Lots of good info here and great people. Next time head on over and say hi, it's good to know the people on the board.
#3 - June 23, 2011, 09:02:56 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

azkitch

Glad to have you aboard. Actually, smokin' meat isn't all that hard. Like Mr. Petty sez, the waiting is the hardest part...
#4 - June 23, 2011, 03:22:02 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

upchuck

@AZWildcat I will - we're doing the Chesters Harley thing tomorrow but I think that's like super busy hurry hurry type of thing but say hi if you're there.
@azkitch - aye... patience isn't something I'm great at - but working on it ;) 

Thanks guys.

Also - we got a Facebook page up and running for Squeal Team Six - http://facebook.com/pages/Squeal-Team-Six/229571450396499 (and site coming soon)
#5 - July 01, 2011, 01:38:09 am

route66

Chuck, I will attest that BBQ is an addiction and you show traits of an addict! First you like to eat and have mastered a Grilled Cheese, classic signs.. Finding a forum for the local AZBBQ put you over the top which tells me you are a confirmed addict. I have to inform you that you have entered a state that will have you not only enjoying great BBQ but questing to improve your cooking abilities beyond your initial aspirations and will meet some of the best people on this planet who are also addicted to fantastic BBQ. (Plus you will eat well).  Welcome and Enjoy the ride!

On a side note I have a crappy website and need help, just how expensive are you?

Best wishes for everyone at Chester's and Rock Springs and wish I could have been there. Nothing better than BBQ, Motorcycles and Rock Springs Pies. Hogs in the Heat is a highlight.
#6 - July 01, 2011, 02:44:23 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Chuck, welcome to the site, great to have you here. 

Congrats on the addiction, welcome to our world.  LOL.

Jump on in and enjoy the site, who knows, maybe some day soon you will be working on and designing this great site... Hint Hint..  ;)

We certainly look forward to seeing you online here sharing your BBQing exploits with us and out at lots of our great events.  Don't forget pictures, we LOVE pictures.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#7 - July 01, 2011, 04:53:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Welcome......
#8 - July 02, 2011, 02:29:31 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

upchuck

@route66 define "expensive". If you want the best call me, if you're concerned about budget I'm probably not the guy you want to talk to. Depending on that, I can however possibly recommend people you can talk to. Email me - chuck-at-rynoweb.com about the project and budget and I'll point you in the right direction. Plenty of free/budget builders out there that aren't shit like go_addy :)

@mike... yeah I need to have a sit-down with Brian and see how to attack it. standby.

Thanks all again - feel welcomed. I'm sure I'll be causing problems around here like everybody else soon enough.. well as soon as the "FNG" tag wears off. ;)
#9 - July 05, 2011, 05:53:10 pm

Members: