AZ Barbeque.com

Newbie from Peoria

Discussion started on

S1NST3R

A colleague of mine came into work today after the weekend and suggested that we start a team and enter into competitive BBQ, he is an avid smoker, and I myself have a love for BBQ, so with that being said, looks like my next investment is in a competitive smoker. Any suggestions, tips, does and don'ts are more than welcome.
#1 - November 15, 2010, 08:26:01 pm

AzQer

First off let me say welcome to the club. Second don't do it it is way to much fun competing that is. WSM's are always a good starting smoker and there are many teams that use them for competitive comps. Hope to see ya at a club event soon
#2 - November 15, 2010, 09:22:20 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

azkitch

Welcome aboard! And what Mark didn't mention is that not only do many teams compete w/WSMs--Weber Smoky Mountains--Several of them win lots. LOTS. Rhythm 'n' Que, from Scottsdale, are nationally ranked 6 in KCBS, and our California friends, Slap Yo' Daddy, are ranked and also TV stars!
#3 - November 18, 2010, 10:00:03 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome Gary, great to have you here, glad you found us.

We have lots of great BBQers & Discussions on here so jump on in and enjoy.

As for competition BBQ, come on out to one of our upcoming events and see it in action.  Be careful though, they are addictive..

Look forward to seeing you online here sharing your BBQing exploits with us and hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - December 01, 2010, 12:33:58 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KidCurry

Welcome...wsm would be my vote.  Ugly drum smokers are great also, but larger and harder to pack.
#5 - December 01, 2010, 08:19:15 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azchef1

Welcome! Have fun. Just did my 1st comp and had a blast and learned alot. Take a judging class it helps for sure. This is a great group of people and lots of valuable info.
Enjoy! and good luck!
#6 - December 01, 2010, 08:40:48 am

Members: