AZ Barbeque.com

New to Chandler!

Discussion started on

steakhouse25

Hey everyone,

My name is Randy, many of my friends call me "Q" and I recently moved to the Phoenix area back in June with my wife. A person that I met recommended this site to me after talking shop about cooking today. I have lived all over being prior service but I spent a great portion of my life moving throughout the south to include Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Texas. I've been grilling and smoking for a couple years now and I have found that almost nothing gives me as much joy as a cold beer, the smell of some burnin wood and some meat on the grill/smoker. I've been reading as many of the forum posts as I can trying to familiarize myself with places to get wood and I have to tell you all everyone seems very helpful so far. I have primarily stuck to brisket, ribs and chicken but I really think I want to try and branch out so I hope everyone is prepared for questions lol. I'm so glad that someone pointed this site out to me as I've never even looked for a site like this before! Would love to find out more about competitions as I have entertained the idea of entering a couple times! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated on trying to get into competition.
#1 - November 17, 2009, 03:13:44 pm
To grill, or not to grill, who am I kidding, there is NO question!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Randy,  Welcome once again to the site, great to have you on here.

We do have a great group of BBQers on here with lots of knowledge and they are always willing to help out, so jump on in and post away.

Hope to meet you soon out at an event, we have our last Cook-off of the year coming up December 4th & 5th out at BBQ Island in Tempe.  Then we have our Annual Holiday Party that is not to be missed, it is a great time.

Enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - November 17, 2009, 03:26:59 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

olivesmoker

Welcome Randy.  Enjoy the site any ? just post and away you go. It's all about the smoke 8)
#3 - November 17, 2009, 03:37:44 pm
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

AzJohnnyC

Welcome to the site. Looks like you're in the right place! Glad you found us.
#4 - November 17, 2009, 03:39:00 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

smitty250

Welcome Randy - Where in GA and FL did you live? I lived in Columbus, GA and Bradenton, FL. Enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions. Hope to see you out in Tempe at our next Competition Dec 4th-5th.
#5 - November 17, 2009, 03:44:20 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

n2dabluebbq

welcome to the forum. bunch of hijackers here. but they are all really nice folks. surprised no one has directed you to the wood guy yet. i would but i can't remember his name. i do remember that he is in phx though. hahaha
 anyways see if you can't at least make it to the comp in December, that way you might get a feel for it. if you can't make that one and still want to give it a shot, there is always the pork n brew in Albuquerque. to which if you make that one, swing by and we can have a drink of coffee or whatever you want. smell some smoke and have a good time overall.
#6 - November 17, 2009, 03:50:50 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Wood Guy is Thomas at Berry Bros Wood. 

Check here for more info:  http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/member%27s-web-sites/berry-bros-wood/
#7 - November 17, 2009, 03:57:55 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Glad you joined the site. Great bunch of people here, and Mike is beyond words. Puts on a mean competition!! Make sure you clear your calendar for December 4/5. This Tempe event may prove interesting, indeed!!
#8 - November 17, 2009, 04:02:37 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

KidCurry

Welcome RANDY!
#9 - November 17, 2009, 04:09:49 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

jmcrig

Welcome to the site Randy. I think you'll find a lot of serious, sick, and very friendly BBQer here. Any questions, just ask.
#10 - November 17, 2009, 04:34:57 pm

steakhouse25

Thanks for all the welcomes! As for me I lived some in McDonough, GA and I'm from a small town called Bronson just outside of Gainesville, Florida. I've actually been talking with somone on the site and I think I will be finding a way to make it to the comp. in December, spectator only this trip though. :D
#11 - November 17, 2009, 04:45:31 pm
To grill, or not to grill, who am I kidding, there is NO question!

RobOConnell

Welcome aboard Randy and family. We here are one big happy bunch of grillers who never have a problem with advice and assistance in the area of food and .... er some partying, ahem. Anyways, we have not had any stupid questions here and will always guide you in the direction you need. As for the wood... Berry Brothers... I have some of their pecan and apple woods and will be getting more. See our sponsors... that reminds me... in need to get my hands on some of that ONO.

#12 - November 17, 2009, 05:17:40 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

AzQer

Again welcome to the club pull up a log and enjoy
#13 - November 18, 2009, 12:05:43 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

ddog27

WELCOME!!
#14 - November 23, 2009, 12:43:46 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com