AZ Barbeque.com

new guy

Discussion started on

watg?

Hello from the east coast. Crash turned me onto this site. It looks like a great place to visit. I am a home cook just entering my 3rd year in the KCBS BBQ circuit. I am always looking to learn and will try to help others when I can. I have written a blog about starting a BBQ team and the first 2 seasons on the circuit, if you have nothing better to do, check it out. I look forward to spending time here and meeting some new folks. Thanks Crash for the tip!

George
who are those guys? BBQ team
Street, Maryland
#1 - February 25, 2009, 07:22:50 pm
www.startinthefire.com
a book about starting your own competition BBQ team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

George,  Welcome once again, great to have you.  Glad you found our little piece of the BBQ World.

Keep us updated on your BBQ Competitions and make sure to take lots of pictures, we LOVE Pictures.

I look forward to seeing you online here sharing your BBQing stories and hopefully one of these days we will meet you out at some BBQ Events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - February 25, 2009, 07:34:34 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KidCurry

Welcome!! You have a link to your blog?
#3 - February 25, 2009, 07:35:08 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Crash

Welcome again George.  Any time you want to help me learn to cook a decent brisket, I'm all ears. 

KC, the link to George's Blog is below.  It is a very well written blog that is an enjoyable read.

http://thenewguys.blogspot.com/
#4 - February 25, 2009, 07:55:25 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

watg?

Welcome!! You have a link to your blog?

I forgot to post the link ???, thanks Crash.
#5 - February 25, 2009, 08:16:12 pm
www.startinthefire.com

KidCurry

Hey THANKS!!!
#6 - February 26, 2009, 10:39:13 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

toys4dlr

Welcome to the AZ site. 

I noticed looking at your site (I was not Shigging  ;D) that you guys do better with more teams?  Congrats
#7 - February 26, 2009, 11:06:45 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

AzQer

Thanks for coming by we appricate the company. Pull up a log and enjoy.
#8 - February 26, 2009, 01:33:33 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Uzona

Welcome,   I stumbled across your blog a few months back and enjoyed it.   Glad you've stumbled across our little corner of the internet. 
#9 - February 26, 2009, 04:34:22 pm
Don
BBQ Castaways.

azkitch

Street?? Whafu? Who Are Those Guys?
Anywhere near...
I'll be in Silver Spring/Calverton in a month. Grew up in the 20904. White Oak area. I'll be looking "Street" up on my blech-berry...or google.
azkitch

[attachment deleted by admin]
#10 - February 27, 2009, 11:05:36 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azkitch

Oh. Only about an hour from Intercourse...That'd be fun to be able to say!
#11 - February 27, 2009, 11:07:53 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

watg?

Street?? Whafu? Who Are Those Guys?
Anywhere near...
I'll be in Silver Spring/Calverton in a month. Grew up in the 20904. White Oak area. I'll be looking "Street" up on my blech-berry...or google.
azkitch

Street Maryland is about 10 miles north of Bel Air, about five miles south of the Pennsylvania line. A check with Wikipedia says:

Street, Maryland, 21154 is a rural unincorporated area in Northern Harford County, Maryland. The latitude of Street is 39.668N. The longitude is -76.379W. It is in the Eastern Standard time zone. Elevation is 525 feet. Street was first settled by Dutch immigrants in the early 1700s. The community was named for Thomas Street, a landowner. One of the central villages in Street is Highland. The village had a station stop on the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad which served the farms within the area until it ceased passenger service in 1954 and ceased freight service in 1958. The post office for Street, Maryland is located in the village of Highland. The village was once home to Highland High School which later became Highland Elementary School. Highland Elementary School was shut down when the North Harford Elementary School was opened. The large building has other community purposes now, including the alternative Highlands School, Mason-Dixon Community Service, Highland Senior Center and the Street post office.

:) :) ;)
#12 - March 02, 2009, 06:33:44 am
www.startinthefire.com

azkitch

There is also a Bel Air down near Laurel, I believe. So are you coming out to our Tempe Cookoff? You can't? Snowbound, you say?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. But I won't tell you that we've been having sunny days in the upper 80s the last week...
#13 - March 04, 2009, 10:37:30 pm
CBJ # 53779

Crash

Liked the latest WATG post George....solid!
#14 - March 04, 2009, 10:39:51 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

watg?

There is also a Bel Air down near Laurel, I believe. So are you coming out to our Tempe Cookoff? You can't? Snowbound, you say?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. But I won't tell you that we've been having sunny days in the upper 80s the last week...

Yea, we got about 8 inches Monday. They are calling for the high 60's this weekend, most of whats left should melt by then. Upper 80's, man, I cant wait! I'll have to miss Tempe this year, my first is not until April. I would love to head that way once to cook and also to have a look around!

Thanks for the plug for the blog Crash, much appreciated.
#15 - March 05, 2009, 06:23:21 am
www.startinthefire.com

Members: