AZ Barbeque.com

Is this Heaven?

Discussion started on

wedontrentpigs

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, but after getting my 1/4 cord of pecan delivered this morning and putting my brisket on, I thought I'd see if there was actually a group of people on this Whirled Wide Web who talk about this stuff.  Low and behold, here you are!   Smoked a turkey yesterday and it came out a little dry but good.  Have higher hopes for the brisket.  Here to watch and learn and eventually compete.  All I have now are an old Brinkman's I picked up at a garage sale and an old Weber I similarly acquired, but am looking to learn.  Howdy everyone. :angel:
#1 - November 24, 2009, 09:54:23 am

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard.....Glad you could join us. Your equipment doesn't matter, just your love of BBQ
#2 - November 24, 2009, 09:56:48 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

jmcrig

Welcome aboard Dave. You've found a group that if they can't answer your questions, they'll still have an opinion on them. Again welcome.
#3 - November 24, 2009, 09:57:44 am

AzQer

Welcome Dave glad you found us. Im sure you will find what your looking for. So pull up a log and enjoy.
#4 - November 24, 2009, 09:58:53 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

ddog27

Welcome Dave!
#5 - November 24, 2009, 10:03:32 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

RobOConnell

Well you've come to the right place for any BBQ help you may need. This is a great place and very helpful. To borrow a phrase... "its not what you have, its how you use it that makes alot of difference", and with BBQ there are alot of ways to make a difference with meats. Pull up a log and enjoy. Welcome Dave.
#6 - November 24, 2009, 10:17:05 am
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome once again Dave, great to have you here.  We do have a great group of BBQers here with lots of knowledge, so jump on in and enjoy.

Hope to see post about your BBQing Exploits, just remember, we LOVE pictures here.

Looking forward to meeting you soon as well out at some of our great events.

WELCOME!!!

Mike
#7 - November 24, 2009, 12:17:42 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Come to our Tempe event, if you're indeed in the Valley. Heaven is at 5:30 or 6:00 AM the morning of a contest, when you can smell the smoke and cooking pork and brisket from 30 to 40 competition Qers. That's a hangover cure!
Be sure to visit Bubbakeg Tailgating, and vote for azbarbeque, so we can win & provide a college jump start for some very deserving young ladies associated with our group.
Glad you've joined us. We've had quite a few new people show up lately, and NONE of em were DAVEs!
Dave
#8 - November 25, 2009, 07:38:39 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

KidCurry

Once again welcome!

#9 - November 25, 2009, 08:32:59 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Mrs. McFrankenboo

We all started with different equipment and you play around and either get something different or you love what you've got, it all gets you to the same place!  Welcome to the club!
#10 - November 25, 2009, 08:36:38 am

wedontrentpigs

5:30 or 6 a.m. huh?  Sounds awesome.  I'll be there.  I don't want to get in anybody's way, but if anyone needs help just yell.  Getting your hands saucy is the best way to learn.

When is the acceptable time for beer?  6:15?

Thanks all for the welcome.  Never enough Dave's.
#11 - November 25, 2009, 03:16:42 pm

azkitch

My first visit with this crowd was Pulte '08. I woke up (slept in my Honda) at about 6:30, had a shot of Maker's Mark at 7:15. Thanks again, Eric! Now I'm hooked. Unfortunately, I can't afford it, so I stare lovingly at the bottles when I go to Sam's. So, yeah. I suppose a beer is OK.
#12 - November 25, 2009, 07:41:21 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

olivesmoker

We all started with different equipment and you play around and either get something different or you love what you've got, it all gets you to the same place!  Welcome to the club!
Welcome Dave!!! She is right you start with 1 or 2 now there is 7 in the back yard :laugh:
Enjoy the site.
#13 - November 25, 2009, 08:23:28 pm
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

My first visit with this crowd was Pulte '08. I woke up (slept in my Honda) at about 6:30, had a shot of Maker's Mark at 7:15. Thanks again, Eric! Now I'm hooked. Unfortunately, I can't afford it, so I stare lovingly at the bottles when I go to Sam's. So, yeah. I suppose a beer is OK.

Beer is always OK. It's the necture of the Gods
#14 - November 25, 2009, 09:39:24 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

PackerBacker BBQ

Welcome Dave!  You will enjoy the Tempe competition! Not only will there be some great people there for you to meat ( Look out for that JayBird feller though) ;)  But this contest will decide the national Team Of The Year!!!!, and will also show the nation what a great organization AZBarbeque really is ;D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Dave

#15 - November 26, 2009, 07:56:50 am
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:37:36 pm by PackerBacker BBQ »
Wait until next year!

Members: