AZ Barbeque.com

Introduce myself....

Discussion started on

westcoastdog

Not sure If ever introduced myself here before. I think I posted a few items about this and that, then work called and it's been about a year since i returned. I'm Patrick and I have been smoking chicken and ribs for about 3 years in my backyard out of a barrel smoker I built. I'm still a novice with just a few pointers from a friend here, and a book there, and trial and error.

So I ran into Mike at the Horseshoe Park BBQ competition while helping out Team BBQ Castaways! Wow! Crazy. First Mike said get back online at AZBBQ, so here I am, and BBQ Castaways food was crazy good! A duality of emotions while eating BBQ Castaways food...., first, elated and blown away to experience top BBQ competition chicken, ribs, brisket and pork, that tasted so great, then, the realization that me and my barrel smoker were years away from anything even remotely as flavored as the Castaway Team's food!

Well, I've nowhere to go with my bbq cooking, but up from this point! Great site, and I really enjoy the cooking and competition culture. I missed the Surprise event due to employee problems, but I'll catch others for certain! Thanks....
#1 - November 20, 2010, 10:31:22 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site, "Officially"...

Great to have you here.

Glad you are enjoying the BBQing experience.  We look forward to seeing you online here more posting up some of your BBQing exploits.

Look forward to seeing you out at more events as well.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - December 02, 2010, 12:57:57 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Welcome to the club Patrick glad you enjoy BBQ and you found the us.
#3 - December 02, 2010, 06:33:51 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

KidCurry

Welcome.
#4 - December 02, 2010, 09:20:48 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azkitch

Glad you found your way back here. Post some pics, and start pouring!! er...Smoking, that is.
#5 - December 04, 2010, 11:10:59 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: