AZ Barbeque.com

Hi

Discussion started on

BBQMom

Hello everyone,
I met David (Toys 4 BBQ’N) and he told me about your group. I went home, pulled up the site and signed up. I’ve been quietly poking around and reading all the threads for a little while now, and I have to say, this is such a fun place and you all are so very nice. Basically I’m just a mom who has a huge passion for cooking and my kids—19 year old daughter who loves ribs and brisket and is currently on tour with Disney on Ice, and a 15 year old daughter who is nuts about pulled pork and turkey legs and is an aspiring actress.  We were at a theme park eating smoked turkey legs and my family asked if I could make them at home. I had one of those “Hmmm” moments and that’s when it started.  I started researching smoking techniques and bought a small inexpensive smoker. I did a lot of experimenting with different meats and woods and used friends and neighbors as my taste testers.  Before long people were asking me to smoke stuff for them and encouraging me to go into business. Next thing I knew I bought the mother of all pits and started doing some event vending. But I still get the most satisfaction from cooking for a big group of friends.  I have never done a competition, but would really like to give it a try. I can’t do the November event due to a prior commitment but hope to come out on Friday night and meet some of you and check it out.
#1 - October 14, 2008, 12:13:37 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you. 

Your story is a common one.  I think that's how most of us got started.  It is a Passion and one that grows with each cook.  Like you said, the best part is when your friends and family start requesting you to cook for them.  That is the best feeling.

We look forward to meeting you soon and seeing you online here more.  It is a great club and site and we have some incredible members.  We pride ourselves on the fact that it is so friendly over here as well as inviting.  We all love to meet new people who share the same passion as we do.

Sounds like you have quite a talented family.  The Proud Parent certainly comes through in your post.  Congrats to you and to them on their successes.  We look forward to meeting all of you soon.

We also look forward to seeing more pictures of your BBQing, we LOVE pictures...  ;)
#2 - October 14, 2008, 12:36:53 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Hey BBQMom,

Welcome and great to see you here.  Wanna share some of those recipes with us...especially those smoked turkey legs???

Great group here.... hope to see you around on the site.

Make sure and stop in and say hi to VRM Pit Crew at the November Pulte event.
#3 - October 14, 2008, 12:55:55 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

KidCurry

Welcome! I do love me some smoked turkey legs!
#4 - October 14, 2008, 08:26:27 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Oh yea, Smoked Turkey legs are the best.  That's half the reason I go to the fair each year... And they are not even that good over there.
#5 - October 14, 2008, 09:58:24 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KidCurry

And they are not even that good over there.

LOL
 O0
#6 - October 14, 2008, 10:00:36 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

BBQMom

And When ya do em' yourself they don't cost eight bucks each! ;D
#7 - October 14, 2008, 11:01:09 am

toys4dlr

Hey BBQmom,

Glad you found your way over to the site.  It is a fun group (but watch out for that BBQCZAR and VisionQuest guys  ;D) and you will be fine.

Hope you are able to find your way to the Pulte event, but I understand with your daughter and the play it might not work out.

See you soon.

David
#8 - October 14, 2008, 11:11:44 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

BBQMom

Hey Crash, I just posted the Turkey leg recipe on the recipe section of the site...YUM
#9 - October 14, 2008, 11:47:39 am

Crash

Thanks BBQMom, I do appeciate it.  I'm sure I wont be the only one on here trying it.
#10 - October 14, 2008, 01:52:13 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Members: