AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from the East Valley

Discussion started on

The_Pebble

Hi all,

My name's Rob but all my friends call me Pebble, both online as well as in real life.

I've had the privilege of living in both Missouri and Texas, and I'm a huge fan of both Texan and K.C.-influenced barbecue.  However, I have zero experience with making my own 'cue.  I just bought a secondhand CharGriller smoker and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about the craft.  I will say that one of my main concerns right now is finding a good source for reasonably-priced wood, so any hints would be greatly appreciated.

I'm know I'm going to be asking a lot of "newbie" questions until I increase my knowledge and skill set, so bear with me :-)

Thanks,
Pebble
#1 - November 10, 2009, 12:03:58 pm

jmcrig

Rob, to start with, welcome aboard. To answer your wood question, Berry Brothers or BBQ Island. It just depends on quantity needed. Both are great sponsors of this site.
I grew up just north of KC, live in Gilbert, but in San Antonio for work at the moment. Go figure.
Anyway, feel free to ask any questions. We all started somewhere.
#2 - November 10, 2009, 12:12:45 pm

AzJohnnyC

Welcome Pebble. Ask away, you'll probably get more answers than you want. I highly recommend that you check ou the "Upcoming Events" thread and try to come to Pulte this weekend. Glad to have you here. Enjoy the site!
#3 - November 10, 2009, 12:14:34 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

squealers

welcome Rob, newbies here too ;) ;)
cheers,
Martin
#4 - November 10, 2009, 12:23:11 pm
Taboo BBQ
Spicy Mike, Martin, plus a newbie

KidCurry

Welcome!
#5 - November 10, 2009, 12:56:04 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

n2dabluebbq

welcome to the forum pebbles! one thing you might want to know is to beware of the thread jackers hahaha
those are the folks that highjack your wood questions or other ones into a totally unrelated bump thread.
but also please understand that normally the thread will return to the original topic.
 so with that, i hope you enjoy your stay here.
#6 - November 10, 2009, 02:48:11 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

azkitch

(LOL--Good one!! :D )
Hi Pebbles. Glad you joined the forum. On top of the contest this weekend--which has national ranking implications--we have a contest the first wknd in December also, and BBQ Island, in the Ikea compound, is a sponsor, as well as the site. But if you can make it to this weekend's deal west of Surprise, this will be one to see!!
Welcome aboard! Post Pictures!
Oh, yeah. Berry Brothers Fire Wood, 56th St. and Washington is a great place to get fire/smoking wood.
#7 - November 10, 2009, 02:59:15 pm
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:00:53 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome Pebbles, great to have you here.

We do have a great, sometimes dysfunctional, BBQ Family here and have lots of great Topics ranging from BBQ Recipes to Sports, so jump on in and enjoy.

We certainly look forward to hearing about your BBQing exploits with your new CharGriller and don't forget to post pictures, we LOVE pictures.

Hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events.

Berry Bros & BBQ Island are the place to get wood at great prices.  Tell them both you are an AZBarbeque member and they will take care of you..

WELCOME!!!
#8 - November 10, 2009, 03:44:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ddog27

WELCOME!!
#9 - November 12, 2009, 10:01:01 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

smitty250

Welcome Pebbles - enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions.
#10 - November 16, 2009, 11:56:33 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

AzQer

Welcome to ya Pebble pull up a log and enjoy
#11 - November 18, 2009, 12:08:05 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard Pebble. Ask away on the questions. Remember the only stupid question is one that isn't asked
#12 - November 19, 2009, 01:34:24 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Thom Emery

Welcome
#13 - November 19, 2009, 05:39:58 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

RobOConnell

Howdy Pebbles, Welcome to the forum. I too live out in the east.... way east valley. This place is great for questions and answers. Everyone here is very helpful, feel free to ask. And dont forget to search out topics as well. There is alot to learn here. I started just about 6 months ago and now am smoking up some meats that make the neighbors come running. So enjoy the site and see you at some of our meets.

Rob
#14 - November 19, 2009, 06:53:05 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

rvriggs

Welcome, Pebble :exclaim:
#15 - November 21, 2009, 07:00:55 am

Members: