AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Queen Creek

Discussion started on

BrianL

Hi, my name is Brian. I've been wanting to get into real BBQing for a while (normally I grill...yeah, I suck), especially experimenting with different smoked meats and types of wood.  My grandfather was awesome at smoking meat and I think it's time for me to really learn how to do it.  A friend of mine inspired me to get off my butt and actually do something about the desire to learn.  He runs the BBQAddicts.com site (aka home of the bacon explosion) and seeing how much fun they're having with all their competitions and things is pretty cool. 

I do internet marketing and oversee IT for a travel company that's based out of Portland, OR, but am able to work from home (or just about anywhere I want). I have 2 daughters and have been married for 10 years to a woman that can't cook :)

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and eventually being able to contribute to the community.

#1 - February 11, 2009, 12:04:14 pm
SQUEAL TEAM SIX
Memphis Advantage
Onyx Oven
22.5" & 18.5" WSM

KidCurry

Welcome Brian!
#2 - February 11, 2009, 01:26:56 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Three4Que

Welcome to the group Brian!
#3 - February 11, 2009, 02:03:44 pm
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
"Keep it low and slow"

ASU Alumni

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome, great to have you, glad you found us.  We have a great group of BBQers here and have lots of fun together.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your BBQing/Grilling experiences and getting to meet you soon out at some of our events.

Hope you enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - February 11, 2009, 03:25:58 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BrianL

Thanks for the welcomes :)  So far I've killed a couple hours reading threads on here over the past day.  I think I'm going to have to get a WSM and just go for it.
#5 - February 11, 2009, 03:27:48 pm
SQUEAL TEAM SIX
Memphis Advantage
Onyx Oven
22.5" & 18.5" WSM

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Talk about killing hours, look at the stats page and see how many "Hours" I have on here.  It is addictive and it sounds like you are getting the same disease all of us here already have.

Lots of great info and fun stuff on here.  Glad you are enjoying it all.  ;)
#6 - February 11, 2009, 03:29:05 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azcolt45

Welcome Brian. As a relative new guy here, I can tell you all the guys are great and will be glad to help you get going as they have helped me.
#7 - February 11, 2009, 04:33:29 pm
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

AzQer

Brai welcome to the club glad to have ya stop by. You are right lots of info on the site. As for the WSM thats what we use to compete they are a great starter and will be able to take your cooking to what ever level you want to take it to.
#8 - February 11, 2009, 05:33:18 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Crash

Good to have you here Brian.  Welcome!!
#9 - February 12, 2009, 08:56:46 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

azkitch

Hi again!  ;D: WSM sound like a great first choice. I'm hoping to build a drum smoker soon. And maybe a pavilion in my back yard!
You've been married 10 years?! I looked at your profile--I've got jackets older than you! Congrats on having a decent aim at life!
azkitch
#10 - February 13, 2009, 05:47:19 pm
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:38:14 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

ddog27

Welcome Brian!
#11 - February 13, 2009, 08:43:11 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

BrianL

Hi again! :biggrin: WSM sound like a great first choice. I'm hoping to build a drum smoker soon. And maybe a pavilion in my back yard!
You've been married 10 years?! I looked at your profile--I've got jackets older than you! Congrats on having a decent aim at life!
azkitch

lol...yeah...I went high school, marriage, college...isn't that the order it's supposed to happen in?  Saved me a lot of money on girlfriends.
#12 - February 13, 2009, 11:48:16 pm
SQUEAL TEAM SIX
Memphis Advantage
Onyx Oven
22.5" & 18.5" WSM

azkitch

Good answer!!  :D
#13 - February 15, 2009, 02:38:49 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

EJ

Hello Brian,
Been to Queen Creek a few times my buddy opened a Restaurant (Sushi Creek) there a year or so back.
I'm new to this site as well, but welcome.
EJ
#14 - February 20, 2009, 07:59:32 pm
"Smoke it if you got it"
Homemade trailer/smoker.
I'm blessed that I Coach Football at a Small College for a living (never had a real job).
"Oink n Moo BBQ Crew"

bigmookied

Brian,

I am a newb from Queen Creek also. Been married 8 years and have 2 daughters of my own (7 and 2). Let me know if you want to get into some comps I will be up for that. I even have a friend who is a Chef that would probably like to get into it.

EJ: We love going to Sushi Creek, great place!! Fish is incredible for the middle of the end of nowhere.
#15 - March 08, 2009, 08:40:55 am

Members: