AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Peoria

Discussion started on

critus

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I just found this board yesterday.  My name is Brian and I live in Peoria with my family (3 children and my wife).  I'm more of a novice when it comes to grilling & bbq, the longest food I've cooked so far is a beerbutt chicken  :D  I got a Weber kettle last spring and after that I ditched my gas grill I had been cooking on the past few years.  I'm looking forward to any tips and ideas I can find here and I'll be sure to post up some pictures next time I make something more than burgers or chicken  :)
#1 - October 09, 2009, 06:30:40 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site Brian, great to have you.  Jump on in and enjoy it and all it has to offer.

If you have any questions, post them up and our members are great with helping out.

We look forward to seeing you online here as well as out at some of our great events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - October 09, 2009, 06:34:55 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

jmcrig

Welcome aboard Brian. Any questions or comments, just ask. Welcome
#3 - October 09, 2009, 06:37:52 am

AzJohnnyC

Hello and welcome, Brian. The first tip I've got is get ready to start spending. It all starts with a kettle and some charcoal. Happy addiction!
#4 - October 09, 2009, 08:52:18 am
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Smell My Butts BBQ AZ

Welcome....
#5 - October 09, 2009, 08:55:53 am

smitty250

Welcome Brian. We have some events coming up soon near your neck of the woods. Oct. 25th @ Famous Daves in Peoria we are doing a brisket competition and a BBQ Competition in Sun City Nov. 13th - 14th. Hope to see you out at some events.
#6 - October 09, 2009, 08:56:13 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

RudedoggAZ

Welcome Brian!!!
#7 - October 09, 2009, 09:00:39 am

KidCurry

Welcome Brian!!!
#8 - October 09, 2009, 09:02:03 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azkitch

We're all assuming you mean Peoria AZ. Mess with 'em all, tell us you're in Peoria IL!  Welcome to our crazy little group. Glad to have you on the charcoal side. My wife doesn't get it. She would still be using propane if twas up to her. Bah.
Now you have to start acquiring other models of smokers. Start with either a WSM (Weapon of smoking meat...not really. Weber Smokey Mountain) or UDS, ugly/upright/uncanny drum smoker.
Glad you joined the forum. Now do something none of us has thought of! Just working from a blank slate, you might do something no one has thought of, or has been recommended not to do. Just don't use pine to smoke with. Ruins your smoker/grill/food.
#9 - October 11, 2009, 07:23:26 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AzQer

Welcome to the club Brian
#10 - October 12, 2009, 09:22:20 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

toys4dlr

Welcome Brian,

Fun place to learn
#11 - October 12, 2009, 09:34:52 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

olivesmoker

Welcome to the smoke Brain  8)
#12 - October 12, 2009, 11:42:22 am
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

critus

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  I've added another Weber over the weekend, picked up a performer from craigslist for $100 :)  I'm still on the lookout for a WSM, my wife is really wanting me to do the turkey this Thanksgiving. I guess I'll need to order from Amazon if I can't find one on CL before the start of November, this is really addicting  ???  ;D
#13 - October 13, 2009, 06:07:30 am

jmcrig

If you tell the guys at BBQ Island, you're a member of this board, you'll get a better deal on a WSM than you can at Amazon.
#14 - October 13, 2009, 07:36:29 am

toys4dlr

Hold on to the check book, it tends to pick up speed.  God forbid you compete and get a call, then it really gets expensive. 
#15 - October 13, 2009, 09:00:26 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Members: