AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Concho, AZ

Discussion started on

Amanda

Hello everyone.  I joined the group yesterday and am excited to be here.  My husband and I used to have a Lang 84, but sold it last year.  We have been cooking Kettle Corn for the past year, but have decided that smoking is our real love.  We are now selling our kettle corn cooker and buying another smoker.  For now we are getting a Mega BDS Model 3143.  We are looking to start up our catering business again and get into contests.  We are new to AZ (just moved here from KCMO - the BBQ capital of the world!  LOL!).   We don't really know where to start with contests and BBQ events.  If anyone knows were we can look, just let me know.  We live in Concho (in between Show Low and St. John's), but are willing to travel in AZ and NM.  :)  Wish us luck.  Everyone seems really nice here and I am looking forward to getting to know you and hopefully meet some of you at the events.  :) 

#1 - September 15, 2008, 11:01:23 am
I love smoking meat, but where do you find papers big enough to roll them?

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site, glad to have you on here.  Hope you enjoy it and all it has to offer.

If you don't see something, create a post, odds are if you are thinking it, so are others.

We have our own BBQ Circuit here in Arizona called the Arizona Triple Crown of BBQ.

We have our big November BBQ Cook-off coming up this November 7th and 8th.  It will be on the far west side of Phoenix, but still in the state.  You should try to come out and compete in it.

Today is the final day for the Early Bird entry, so if you are wanting to come compete, get your registration filled out today and mailed out so you make the deadline.  You can find all the info for the event at http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/2008-november-pulte-cook-off/

Welcome to the state as well.  A few of us are going to your hometown next month for the American Royal, so we are excited about that.

Great to have you and we look forward to meeting you soon at some of our events.  ;)
#2 - September 15, 2008, 11:06:39 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

PAT YOUNG

AMANDA AND HUBBY, MY NAME IS PAT YOUNG. MY WIFE AND I LIVE BETWEEN SNOWFLAKE AND CONCHO OFF OF CONCHO HIGHWAY. WE HAVE A BBQ BIZ AND A COMP TEAM . WE RECENTLY OPENED A SMALL CAFE OUT AT THE CEDAR HILLS COUNTRY STORE. SO FAR WERE ONLY OPEN ON SUNDAYS BUT WE WILL BE ADDING BREAKFAST MON-FRI SOON AS WELL AS MON NIGHTS FOR MON NIGHT FOOTBALL. WE LOVE ALL TYPES AND STYLES OF FOOD BUT BBQ IS OUR PASSION WEVE ONLY COMPETED FOR TWO YEARS BUT WE HAVE MET ALL KINDS OF GREAT PEOPLE THROUGH COMPS, THIS WEB SITE, AND THE AZ BBQ ASSOCIATION. WELCOME TO THIS CLUB, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME AT STARVIN MARVINS BBQ-928-536-5456
#3 - September 15, 2008, 01:44:20 pm

Amanda

AMANDA AND HUBBY, MY NAME IS PAT YOUNG. MY WIFE AND I LIVE BETWEEN SNOWFLAKE AND CONCHO OFF OF CONCHO HIGHWAY. WE HAVE A BBQ BIZ AND A COMP TEAM . WE RECENTLY OPENED A SMALL CAFE OUT AT THE CEDAR HILLS COUNTRY STORE. SO FAR WERE ONLY OPEN ON SUNDAYS BUT WE WILL BE ADDING BREAKFAST MON-FRI SOON AS WELL AS MON NIGHTS FOR MON NIGHT FOOTBALL. WE LOVE ALL TYPES AND STYLES OF FOOD BUT BBQ IS OUR PASSION WEVE ONLY COMPETED FOR TWO YEARS BUT WE HAVE MET ALL KINDS OF GREAT PEOPLE THROUGH COMPS, THIS WEB SITE, AND THE AZ BBQ ASSOCIATION. WELCOME TO THIS CLUB, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME AT STARVIN MARVINS BBQ-928-536-5456

We will have to stop by and say hello sometime.  BTW - I love the name!  I was just quoting Cartman today with the "No Starvin Marvin!  That's Kenney's cream corn!".  LOL! 
#4 - September 15, 2008, 05:41:53 pm
I love smoking meat, but where do you find papers big enough to roll them?

Thom Emery

Welcome
#5 - September 15, 2008, 06:14:17 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Quiggs

Welcome to a great BBQ site!
#6 - September 16, 2008, 08:22:13 am
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Members: