AZ Barbeque.com

BBQ catering and BBQ competitions

Discussion started on

smokey bros bbq

Hello, I forgot to put in my original post: Looking to gain more knowledge and get in the right direction of starting up catering and BBQ competitions. The catering will be prepared out of house until I can generate enught busniess for either trailer or food truck. Basically advice on permits and license required through either the state, county, or cities which ever applies. If anyone has information that will get me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! Looking forward for first BBQ competition

Location Maricopa County, Arizona.
nearby cities, mesa, phoenix, gilbert chandler, scottsdale.

Once again thanks fellow smokers!
#1 - July 05, 2013, 10:07:01 am

toys4dlr

Get your feet wet at a few comps.  Then try to decide on the direction.

To do catering legally, you are going to have to trace back to a commercial approved kitchen.  Home is a no no.  There is a big gray area, as a personal chef and such.  But to get a health department license you have to get a commercial kitchen. 

Best of luck and I hope to see you at some comps.

David
#2 - July 05, 2013, 02:41:12 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

smokey bros bbq

thanks for the response David. How about if I got a BBQ ENCLOSED CONCESSION TRAILER?
Would I be able to legally operate catering along with regular business operations? Thanks for all the assistance.
#3 - July 05, 2013, 07:56:26 pm

toys4dlr

You would really have to check with the health department that you are going to operate.  I know that Maricopa is a pain in the arse to put it very simply.  Where are you going to store product, etc.   You see, we end back at the commercial kitchen. 

I don't have the answers for a mobile operation, as we are a restaurant. 

Maybe others will chime in and all the best. 

David
#4 - July 06, 2013, 02:08:37 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Members: