AZ Barbeque.com

Another new member

Discussion started on

Stevo

Been smoking for past 10 years with bullet type electric water smoker and now bottom is rusted out. Figured this board would be good place to hear about a good used smoker. I love cooking and smoking and look forward to some insights I can use going forward. Been looking at building a smoker in my yard but haven't gotten off the couch yet.
#1 - February 29, 2012, 02:50:12 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome Stevo......Enjoy the site
#2 - February 29, 2012, 02:55:25 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Kevin

Welcome! That is what I started with. I have been using a offset Char-Griller and just bought a Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM) off Craig's List last weekend. I am going to fire it up on Saturday.
 8)
#3 - February 29, 2012, 06:38:17 pm
Smokin' Again
CBJ KCBS BCS 
WSM  CharGrill Offset

IRONHORSE BBQ

Welcome Steve enjoy the site and you can always move the couch outside where the smoker
will be built ?

Marv
#4 - March 01, 2012, 09:47:40 am

Quiggs

Welcome Steve!!  Glad you found the site!
#5 - March 01, 2012, 08:46:48 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Stevo

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm enjoying reading through all of the forums and comments especially on entry level smokers. I hesitate to move away from an electric smoker because its like working with a net. I think I'd like to stay with electric and add some air circulation to the mix. Any recommendations on electric smokers?
#6 - March 01, 2012, 09:12:35 pm

Quiggs

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm enjoying reading through all of the forums and comments especially on entry level smokers. I hesitate to move away from an electric smoker because its like working with a net. I think I'd like to stay with electric and add some air circulation to the mix. Any recommendations on electric smokers?

Bradley is the only one I have and it's work great for small items. I tried to do four complete pork shoulders and it went waaaaaay to long (12 hours then in the oven to finish!) For fish, cheese, chicken and a butt or two it works fine.... Fire it up and forget it till you need it...was deer hunting this year, bought a used Bradley in Tucson on the way to hunting area and threw two butts in it first day as we went out hunting, came back to great dinner.....!!!

Quiggs
#7 - March 01, 2012, 09:31:32 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Crash

Nope...man up and get to some true smoking!  :)

Oh yeah, welcome!
#8 - March 01, 2012, 11:51:50 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

FIREANDDESIRE

Welcome Steve!! 
#9 - May 13, 2012, 01:11:02 am

Members: