AZ Barbeque.com

Gas Fired Grilles

Discussion started on

wuykats

I know some consider it sacrilegious, but I am a fan of gas grill'n.  I notice that many more
manufacturers are making natural gas grilles available.  All Weber gas grilles are available
with either LP or natural gas burners.  It is really nice to come home, light the grille and in
10 minutes be cooking.  Less trouble and less expense = more grill time.  I've done turkeys,
chicken, steaks, fish and veggies and I don't really miss the charcoal.  I'm not saying that
its a better way, just more convenient in today's rush rush world. ;D
#1 - June 04, 2009, 01:09:22 pm
The liver is evil. it must be punished.
ruebgonvintners@gmail.com

Jaybird

That is why I like the Weber Performer charcoal grill with gas assist. You can pile your charcoal on the grate, light the gas assist and in about 10-15 minutes you have a bed of hot coals.
It works really well using real wood also. Almost instant fire.
#2 - June 04, 2009, 01:20:34 pm

KidCurry

I have been known to cook on an older Weber Genesis Silver, great for dogs and for when time/charcoal is not available.   I have also been known to make a smoke bomb and toss it on the vaporizers to add a little bit of the wood flavor.  Works well for me!
#3 - June 04, 2009, 02:23:22 pm
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:09:16 pm by KidCurry »
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

AzQer

Hey I cook all my quick stuff on the gas grill. I would like to get a proformer though bthey are nice. Ill keep watching craigs list
#4 - June 04, 2009, 03:06:38 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

force

Gas can be quick and easy when the time is right......
#5 - June 04, 2009, 04:26:52 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Gas can be quick and easy when the time is right......

This really is his Motto out at the cook-offs in the middle of the night after he has had a few bowls of Dean's Chili....  ;D  :o  ;D
#6 - June 04, 2009, 05:19:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

chas

People say that they can taste a difference in BBQ that has been smoked using propane as fuel. If you use match-lite charcoal, that has petrolum added. they approve of this method. When using a gas smoker, it is harder to obtain the wood smoked flavor in the final product. If propane was available at the time, NOAH would have used it.
#7 - June 15, 2010, 06:09:49 pm

AzJohnnyC

Noah would have had trouble convincing the animals to get on the ark if he had brought a Weber Genesis.
#8 - June 15, 2010, 06:38:00 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

bearbonez

Hey Jay, trade ya yer performer for a silver, chimney and a can of techron supreme.... :lamp:
#9 - June 16, 2010, 04:44:47 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Members: