AZ Barbeque.com

Tucson, Bobby Deans Hickory BBQ food truck..

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

So I was working mid afternoon this past week, my schedule is almost never predictable. It came about 2pm and I was hungry for lunch. I passed by Bobby Dean's Hickory BBQ food truck on the corner of Orange Grove and Ina. I normally never eat bbq any more since I'm always cooking it at home. I noticed the Southern Pride smoker being trailed behind, so what the heck. The only guy there was very friendly. Apologized and said he only had pulled pork left (it was 2pm ya know), so I ordered a pork sandwich with cole slaw and potato salad. He said the sauce comes on the side so as not to mask the pork (impressive). My sandwich was on a fresh hollowed out sub type roll, JAMMED with fresh, moist large chunks of pork (not shredded to death carrying twice it weight in sauce) w/ plenty of bark. Flat out delicious. Sauce was good, probably bottled but good mild flavor, not sweet. Cole slaw was very fresh, crunchy, thin dressing / vinegar based, nice. Potato salad was egg and mustard based, again, very fresh and good. Neither sides were pre sold grocery store cr*p, but home made, perfectly seasoned. $8.00 for lunch, worth every penny. Best bbq I've had in Tucson yet. That being said it's not a slam against other bbq joints in Tucson who put out very good food. Everything about this was fresh and great value, I was stuffed. I'll be back again.
#1 - August 11, 2012, 08:22:24 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

auggieaug

He moved to Florida, but must be back?  Used to park on Thornydale and Overton area for years.  Where exactly was he parked?  Orange Grove and Ina run parallel.
#2 - August 12, 2012, 07:02:02 am

mustang

He moved to Florida, but must be back?  Used to park on Thornydale and Overton area for years.  Where exactly was he parked?  Orange Grove and Ina run parallel.

Did Dan mean Orange Grove and Skyline?
#3 - August 12, 2012, 08:16:33 am

AZWildcat

Haha......meant Orange Grove and Oracle.  NW quad. My bad... shows you how much time I spend on the north side.
#4 - August 12, 2012, 09:56:00 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

jimj

Good to see a food truck put a whoopin' on many of the sit-down places!
#5 - August 12, 2012, 10:45:05 am

Members: