AZ Barbeque.com

Texas BBQ House

Discussion started on

txbbq

New!
Smoked PRIME RIB?  

YES OR NO       Well been sampling smoked prime rib to customers last 2 days. Everyone says I will be here on Monday.  So looks like we wil have a PRIME RIB MONDAY. If you are in the area south of airport on 24th street and Roeser stop in to Texas BBQ House this coming Monday 7/25/2011 for the Prime  Rib.
Thanks for feed back all. Customers tell all.
#1 - July 17, 2011, 03:39:35 pm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:03:52 pm by txbbq »

AZWildcat

I always prefer my prime rib not to be smoked. therefore NO. But hey.......it's still good!
#2 - July 17, 2011, 03:56:59 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

jmcrig

Smoked PRIME RIB? 

YES OR NO

TEXAZ Grill sells out of it daily. ;D ;D
#3 - July 17, 2011, 03:58:30 pm

tbonejc

I've always wanted to try it, never had it.  It's a goal of mine to smoke one myself.
#4 - July 17, 2011, 11:21:37 pm

Tom72

I've never smoked one myself, but I've had it a few times, and I wasn't really into it.  I don't know if the smoke just didn't work for me on it or if it had been over-smoked, but the smoke dominated the flavor of the meat too much for me. 
#5 - July 18, 2011, 07:16:57 pm
Always remember that you are unique and special...just like everybody else.

Mark

I prefer my prime rib unsmoked. I probably only smoke meat on my Kamado a third of the time. The rest of the time I'm grilling, roasting or baking pizza and breads.
#6 - July 18, 2011, 09:22:49 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

azkitch

I've smoked rib roasts the last couple Christmases. The first one was the best rib roast I've ever had. And Mom used to cook one every Sunday. I smoked it for about 2 hours, to internal of about 130, then in my oven as hot as the leaky old box would go for about 10 minutes. It was incredible. Ya don't need much wood...they were both small roasts. The first was a 3 bone, the second only a 2 bone. The first year, I used my Brinkmann SnP, the next one was in my UDS.
#7 - July 18, 2011, 09:45:12 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

ArizonaRed

Ive cooked a few on my WSM and they have been great.  I used the fresh herb rub on the virtualweberbullet site.  I would go light on the smoke.
#8 - July 21, 2011, 03:06:40 pm
Warm Beer is Infinitely Colder than no Beer

Members: