AZ Barbeque.com

BBQ Specials at TexAz Grill?

Discussion started on

mustang

New!
 :question:

Has anyone tried the BBQ at TexAz Grill on 16th Street/Bethany Home Rd in Phoenix?

On certain days, they serve pork spare ribs, brisket, beef back ribs, and smoked prime rib of beef.

BBQ COMBO AUG 24th SPECIAL    $15.00
Pork spareribs, beef brisket and handmade hot link, slow smoked over hickory and oak, topped with our special homemade BBQ sauce. Garnished with a pickle spear, sliced onion and a slice of white bread.

Here's a link to "Today's Specials" menu:

http://texazgrill.com/html/index.php?p=specials

and here's their everyday menu:

http://texazgrill.com/html/index.php?p=menu

#1 - August 23, 2011, 11:18:35 am
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:33:27 am by mustang »

route66

I eat at TEXAZ Grill at least once a month and like all their food but to be honest I have never tried Steve's BBQ in his restaurant. The chicken fried steak is huge and the lumpy mashed potatoes homemade, the fried pork chops and Texaz Red are classic Texas favorites I like to finish with a 10 cent pickled Jalapeno and a serving of Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. Good comfort food at a reasonable price but have never tried the BBQ.
#2 - August 23, 2011, 12:21:19 pm
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:26:08 pm by route66 »

RudedoggAZ

Good stuff!!! Prime rib!!!
#3 - August 23, 2011, 01:44:07 pm

desertdog

Yeah, tough to pass on the Chicken Fried Steak.  That thing is the bomb!
#4 - August 24, 2011, 04:08:18 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

jmcrig

With the Chicken Fried Steak and the Smoked Prime Rib, why would you even think about anything else?
#5 - August 24, 2011, 06:06:13 pm

barbedQ

We've been eating there since it was Lone Star before those bastards from KC came in and forced them to change their name.   The decor is awesome too!  I'm with everyone else who's posted so far in the fact that I've never been able to get past the chicken fried steak or the chicken fried chicken.  However, I'm a pecan pie kinda guy so I order that first then have the meal.

And just for my Arizona friends that have pronunciation issues it's pronounced  pa-cahn, not pee can.   A pee can is something you keep in the cabin for the middle of the night when it's too cold to walk to the outhouse.
#6 - August 24, 2011, 09:37:29 pm
Medium Spicewine; 2 NB Offsets; 2 WSM; 2 ProQ; 1 Peoria Cooker

Crash

I'll agree with everyone else.  Chicken fried steak and the bread pudding are worth the trip.  I have also never had the BBQ.
#7 - August 24, 2011, 09:57:22 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Members: