AZ Barbeque.com

Weber Smokey Mountain, WSM (mine) For Sale - N. Phoenix - $165.00

Discussion started on

azmonsoon

I'm not using my WSM much and thought someone on this forum would appreciate the chance to grab this prior to me putting it on Craigslist. I bought this in November of 2008 and it has maybe 10 - 15 cooks on it. It's been stored under my rear covered patio since purchased. I think it's in good shape, but it's not new. The exterior looks great and the interior looks like, well, like a used smoker looks like I guess.

Yesterday, I did a hot burn and cleaned it all up so it would be ready to go for the new owner. I've only done two minor upgrades to the uinit. I added a thermometer from Home Depot on the top and added a eyelet right below the top grate for your temperature probe. Follow this link if you would like to see the kit I purchased. http://www.thebbqguru.com/pages/Weber-Smokey-Mountain-Eyelets.html . The thermometer is pretty worthless, so if I was going to keep it I would probably upgrade it at some point.

I'm sure you all know what this cooker is, so I will spare you any additional details.

I was up in Seattle this weekend and my Dad got a new Traeger and I was impressed. I like my ribs on the WSM better  :-\ but it is great for ease of use. I will probably grab one so my wife is more apt to use it as well. :)

Anyway, I live up around the I-51 and Cactus Road.

I usually see these listed new anywhere from $270.00 - $400.00, so I think $165.00 seems reasonable. I'm very negotiable though if you would like to pay more. Otherwise $165.00 is the price. If it doesn't sell here or on Craigslist for that price I'll reduce it $10.00 or $15.00 but that won't be for probably another 2 or 3 weeks. These never seem to last long.

Feel free to respond here with any questions you may have, pm me, or email me at scottsdalenews@gmail.com . The earliest I can complete the deal will probably be Wednesday.

Again, this is a used item.

Here's some pictures.

#1 - July 18, 2010, 03:56:04 pm
One Touch Gold
Smokey Joe
Lonely Gasser
Green Mountain Grill - Daniel Boone

Crash

PM sent.
#2 - July 18, 2010, 04:12:28 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

bbqfun

Crash, did you buy it?
#3 - July 18, 2010, 04:19:23 pm

jmcrig

So Crash, you giving up on the Pro-Q's?
#4 - July 18, 2010, 04:34:39 pm

brandon

If still available, my son wants it. Sent a pm.
#5 - July 18, 2010, 04:38:16 pm

azmonsoon

Sold to Crash (in 16 minutes) pending funds and pickup. Brandon is in the backup position.

Crash shoot me your telephone number when you have a chance.

Thanks guys.

#6 - July 18, 2010, 04:50:58 pm
One Touch Gold
Smokey Joe
Lonely Gasser
Green Mountain Grill - Daniel Boone

AZWildcat

Hmmmmmmmm.....Crash buying a WSM? Sounds very suspicious. He must still be under the effects of his weekend bender!  ;D ;D
#7 - July 18, 2010, 04:54:59 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Crash

It was so shiny..... and I kind of miss my old WSM.  We'll still be rocking the Pro Q's though.
#8 - July 18, 2010, 06:15:40 pm
VRM Pit Crew

AzJohnnyC

Crash, let us know when you pick it up.  You'll be in Major Woody's territory, we can meet up for a drink or something.
#9 - July 18, 2010, 07:31:19 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Crash

Crash, let us know when you pick it up.  You'll be in Major Woody's territory, we can meet up for a drink or something.
You buying...and do I get to see the Secret Clubhouse?
#10 - July 18, 2010, 08:34:24 pm
VRM Pit Crew

AzJohnnyC

You buying...and do I get to see the Secret Clubhouse?

I think we can accomodate you.  For the Clubhouse to remain secret though...what size blindfold do you wear?
#11 - July 18, 2010, 09:45:11 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Members: