AZ Barbeque.com

Weber Ranch Kettle on CL

Discussion started on

z98dog

Weber Ranch Kettle on CL. They are asking $400, retail $1200

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/for/2612186090.html

Wish I had the loot to grab it.
#1 - September 22, 2011, 07:49:06 pm
Brinkman Vertical - NBBD offset Horizonal - Custom cold smoke generator - Kingsford Oval Kettle - Pitmaster iQue 110 stoker - Weber OTS Kettle - Customized gas Pizza grill - Mini WSM-style smoker - UDS

markh792

After talking to and getting pictures from the guy, I would drop three hundred but four is a bit much.
#2 - September 22, 2011, 09:48:18 pm
Newbe BGE User

skou

OK, here's the story I heard, from my brother.

Sterling (Skouson here) saw the ad, called the guy and said, "I'll be right over, but I live in the extreme south valley."  Guy said he'd hold it for him.

About 2 miles from the guy's house, Sterling sees a truck with a Weber kettle, about the size of an aircraft carrier, go by.  S thinks, "no, it's just a coincidence, that's not the one I'm gonna buy."

Sterling gets to the guy's house, the "little lady" answers the door, (about 75 years old)  "Yes, sonny, we just sold it."  Needless to say, Sterling couldn't dress down a 75 YO little woman, for selling the Ranch Kettle out from under him.

So, right now, someone is cooking on Sterling's 7 million square foot grill.  (I've seen skating rinks that weren't that big!)

steve
#3 - September 25, 2011, 11:00:48 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

markh792

Dosn't Sterling have enouogh weber grills already lol.
#4 - September 26, 2011, 06:51:17 pm
Newbe BGE User

skou

He's got this fantasy of making a 95 gal drum smoker  95 gallon drums have a 26 inch opening, same as the Ranch Kettle.

He also likes having matching kettles and UDSs.  (Funny, I've got the same setup.)

steve
#5 - September 26, 2011, 07:05:19 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

markh792

I'm sure you do. Sterling tought me how to make my UDS he is a good guy.
#6 - September 26, 2011, 07:43:33 pm
Newbe BGE User

skou

I'm sure you do. Sterling tought me how to make my UDS he is a good guy.

Well, he IS my brother!   I think I might know better. ;D

steve
#7 - September 26, 2011, 07:52:28 pm

azkitch

Not to push points--well, maybe, but not my goal!--Ranch kettle is 37 1/2 inches. Weber does make a 26.75" kettle they sell for something like $399 new. And it comes with hinged cooking grate and the side charcoal baskets. And I'd bet BBQ Island would give you a deal.

And I found this little tidbit "Fascinating" too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvage_drum
#8 - September 27, 2011, 06:33:42 am
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:43:13 am by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mark

Wow, Kitch! That would make a serious UDS. I wonder if they're available locally?
#9 - September 27, 2011, 08:03:17 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

tbonejc

Wow, Kitch! That would make a serious UDS. I wonder if they're available locally?

Found these guys.  Looks like they're based out of Suprise.  They got steel drums up to 110 gal.
http://www.cleanitup.com/containers/drums.html

Some of their stuff would make for serious UDSs.
Is it possible to have UDS envy?  ;D
#10 - September 27, 2011, 01:53:53 pm

Members: