AZ Barbeque.com

RE: Road Side Catering??

Discussion started on

toys4dlr

There has been a lot of talk about catering and such, this might be the answer and fairly cheap too.  Not mine, just came upon the listing

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/bfs/1762360029.html

#1 - June 01, 2010, 08:14:36 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Quiggs

Trailer alone would cost that much??  Seems way to cheap...hope it's not a typo..
#2 - June 01, 2010, 09:13:19 am
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

toys4dlr

seemed too cheap to me too
#3 - June 01, 2010, 09:27:49 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

brandon

There is a rip off alert on this listing! http://elmira.craigslist.org/bfs/1749298593.html
If it is too good to be true, it usually is... Be careful guys!
#4 - June 01, 2010, 12:48:12 pm

KidCurry

Anytime "someone" puts something like $3540 you know its a scam.  Normal people are going to put $3500, or $3499 not $3540.
#5 - June 01, 2010, 01:22:55 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Quiggs

I sent personal message and he replied... Trailer in Washingnton State...nowhere close to AZ/CA as listing states.  He says it comes with shipping that he already paid for??  Also in real hurry to sell, just needs my personal info sent to ebay for directions?!?  Hmmmmmmmmm

I sent second email about price check but no reply since... I smell a rat....
#6 - June 01, 2010, 01:26:14 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com

KidCurry

...but then again...you never know.  ;)
#7 - June 01, 2010, 02:35:06 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Thom Emery

They have three other trailers for sale
Same shipping paid you can not go see it deal
#8 - June 01, 2010, 03:34:06 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

azkitch

Not for under $25,000 or more...no way no how. Not even vaguely possible. The frickin' stainless tables and the Bunn coffee makers add up to nearly the axing price! Make your money back in no time is right!!
#9 - June 01, 2010, 03:58:13 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Quiggs

Just got home to find this in my inbox!!  WOW fishy or what?!?  I just asked for conformation of price..he did not answer that part at all....and what gives with Ebay "agent" involvement when it's on Craig's List??

Dave,
Allow me to explain the payment terms and I am asking you to confirm you agreement:
The payment process will be very simple. It will all be handled by eBay. So mainly you have know that the money will be sent to an eBay agent that will handle our case. The transfer will be verified by the eBay agent and as soon as it confirms they will instruct me to send the trailer over.After you receive the trailer, you will have 5 days for inspection. After this trial period, let the eBay agent what your final decision is. If you keep the trailer, ONLY then they will release the money to me and the deal will be closed. If you decide from whatever reason that the trailer is not what I advertised, it will be taken back and your money will be refunded 100% by the eBay agent.
If you accept the terms above, email me your details so I can start the paperwork.
Full name:
Full shipping address:
I will be ready to declare you the buyer.
Looking forward to doing business!
Regards!
Stephen
#10 - June 01, 2010, 06:03:57 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com

brandon

too bad ebay does not do escrow accounts. Can you spell SCAM!
#11 - June 01, 2010, 06:12:52 pm

azkitch

Someone should gete the federales involved...No way are they gonna ship the trailer to ya, let you look it over for days, then say 'nope' for under $3500 for a package like that. No flippin' way.
#12 - June 01, 2010, 06:24:08 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

squealers

Just got home to find this in my inbox!!  WOW fishy or what?!?  I just asked for conformation of price..he did not answer that part at all....and what gives with Ebay "agent" involvement when it's on Craig's List??

Dave,
Allow me to explain the payment terms and I am asking you to confirm you agreement:
The payment process will be very simple. It will all be handled by eBay. So mainly you have know that the money will be sent to an eBay agent that will handle our case. The transfer will be verified by the eBay agent and as soon as it confirms they will instruct me to send the trailer over.After you receive the trailer, you will have 5 days for inspection. After this trial period, let the eBay agent what your final decision is. If you keep the trailer, ONLY then they will release the money to me and the deal will be closed. If you decide from whatever reason that the trailer is not what I advertised, it will be taken back and your money will be refunded 100% by the eBay agent.
If you accept the terms above, email me your details so I can start the paperwork.
Full name:
Full shipping address:
I will be ready to declare you the buyer.
Looking forward to doing business!
Regards!
Stephen

on this type of transaction, ask them for their address and tell them your cousin lives near and will pick it up and pay for it cash.... you will never hear from these people again!

#13 - June 01, 2010, 07:40:46 pm
Taboo BBQ
Spicy Mike, Martin, plus a newbie

Thom Emery

No you hear from them
They say I am traveling and can not show the trailer
No kidding they have this scam going all over craigs list
Palm Springs and the Inland Empire with different great deals on vending trailers
#14 - June 01, 2010, 07:53:54 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Quiggs

on this type of transaction, ask them for their address and tell them your cousin lives near and will pick it up and pay for it cash.... you will never hear from these people again!

Yeah i do have friends in Washington...told him they could look at it... Also sent him pissy email about his scam..
#15 - June 01, 2010, 08:21:14 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com

Members: