AZ Barbeque.com

On WOOT. com right now/10/8/09

Discussion started on

azkitch

Wireless thermometer for $13. Dammit. I haven't got the $ right this moment!  http://www.woot.com/
#1 - October 08, 2009, 01:41:06 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

bbqphx.com

Tempting...Anyone have experience with this brand?  I only ask because I bought a wireless thermometer at I found on clearance at Ross and it was complete junk, it would only read 125 whether in ice water or boiling water...
#2 - October 08, 2009, 04:32:08 pm
Tracy-Head Chef and Mad Scientist
Weber Ranch Kettle
Two Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Old School Weber Performer circa 1998
FEC100
http://www.bbqphx.com
Find BBQPHX sauce at Hobe Meats, Bull Market and Brooksie's

skou

Wireless thermometer for $13. Dammit. I haven't got the $ right this moment!  http://www.woot.com/

I was thinking about that one, but decided against it.  It doesn't really have a remote, it's more of a pager.  If you want to see temps, you gotta go and look at the sending unit.  All the pager does, is tell you that your stuff is done.

A couple months ago, Woot! had the Maverick ET 901, and I got 2.  One is for in the meat, and the other lays across the top of what I'm cooking, to tell me smoker temps.  If I'm doing pork butt, I'll just use the smoker temp one for the first 6 or 8 hours, and then start up the internal temp one.  They work just fine.

steve
#3 - October 10, 2009, 03:48:54 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

jmcrig

Have you looked at the Maverick ET-73. Two probes, one for the pit, and the other for the meat. Has a remote with both pit and meat readout. I think they run $40 to $50 now
#4 - October 10, 2009, 03:55:04 pm

skou

Have you looked at the Maverick ET-73. Two probes, one for the pit, and the other for the meat. Has a remote with both pit and meat readout. I think they run $40 to $50 now

Maybe later.  Right now I've got my eye on a ProQ Excel.  Like you, funds are tight right now.

Besides, these 901s do just fine.

steve
#5 - October 10, 2009, 04:02:40 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

jmcrig

I can relate to that.
#6 - October 10, 2009, 04:52:58 pm

azkitch

901s? Bose speakers? Or is that a model of Levi's?
#7 - October 10, 2009, 05:40:23 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

skou

A couple months ago, Woot! had the Maverick ET 901, and I got 2.  One is for in the meat, and the other lays across the top of what I'm cooking, to tell me smoker temps.  If I'm doing pork butt, I'll just use the smoker temp one for the first 6 or 8 hours, and then start up the internal temp one.  They work just fine.

steve

These 901s

steve

#8 - October 10, 2009, 05:57:34 pm

Members: